Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How long do I have?

kb

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 7:22 pm
Anyone out there knows how long laundry can stay in the washing machine before being taken out before it starts smelling?

I'd love to put in a load of laundry before I go to sleep and take it out the next day - but it might not be right after I get up... so how big of a timeframe to I have to deal with? Or should I just start the load when I get up? (I'm in Israel and have one of these washing machines that take ages to finish washing stuff...)

pickle

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 7:31 pm
I don't think there is a set time for this. I think it depends on how tightly you pack your washing machine. I

would think that a smaller load would be able to breathe more and wouldn't be a problem as fast. Also, I

know this would be after the fact, but once you are ready to put it in the dryer you can smell it to make sure

it smells fresh and not mildewy. I have done that a couple of times - some of the times it was fine and fresh

smelling, and other times it didn't smell quite as fresh so I rewashed the load.

shanie5

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 12:11 am
Overnight is usually fine. More than that-not too good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry