Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Can't get baby's laundry clean

alwaybhappy

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 10:10 am
I live in Israel and I feel that my white laundry never comes out clean. My baby 'swims' around on the floor and picks up all the dirt (I mop every morning before putting her down!) and gets her new shirts all black and dirty. I washed it and they came out of the machine still dirty. I treated it with "spray n wash" and rewashed it and some are still stained. How do I wash laundry here and get it clean?? All her cloth diapers (for spit up...) are completely stained and the washing machine never cleans it. I gave up hope for them bec. they've been through the dryer too many times already. What I am concerned about is her nice/new T-shirts and white undershirts.. Any advice?

5*Mom

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 10:21 am
The bright Israeli sun is the best bleach I know of. Wash the clothes normally in the washer and then put them out in direct sun while wet. You may have to rewet it a couple of times, since it may dry before the stain is completely bleached out. You know how when you take out your old baby clothes from storage and they have horrible yellow spit up stains all down the front and you think you're gonna have to buy all new baby things and your husband is gonna freak out? Well, freak out no more! I've also been told by a geshikte neighbor that some vinegar in every wash helps soften the water so you don't get dingy gray whites from mineral deposits in the water. You might want to try that too.

ray family

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 10:24 am
I use biomat on my whites and wash at a hot temp. that keeps my whites white and will remove dirt (but not food) stains
don't we all hate dingy looking clothing....
good luck!

alwaybhappy

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 10:30 am
Thanx. How can I also get rid of the food dirtiness? (Stuff that should not really stain)

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 11:20 am
Are you really using enough detergent? My baby has been leaking through all her clothes recently, and everything had that horrible yellow stain from newborn diapers. Turns out I wasn't using enough detergent. I now spray it with Vanish carpet cleaner first, then make sure to put in recommended amount of detergent for extra dirty load, and run a prewash as well. Comes out perfect, even after sitting for a few days (I collect all her stained stuff and do a load like this every few days), and even the stuff that went through the dryer came out clean as well.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 24 2011, 11:41 am
Spray, soak it in hot water overnight with the detergent (I pause my machine after it fills up, if your machine allows this), and then continue the cycle in the morning. Don't put anything in the dryer you still have hopes for if it's still stained. Sometimes the second time is the charm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry