Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
BY-type play script available

4Sisters

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 8:32 pm
Renting out an original play, perfect for any frum girls' school. Based on an amazing true story, the script spans from WWI to WWII and follows a young American soldier through his journey of discovering Yiddishkeit, as well as the German-Jewish family that sparked his interest in Judaism. The play imparts the message that although being a Jew means having to make difficult choices, it is truly the path to happiness.

There are 23 scenes and 44 parts, including 5 main roles. Parts can easily be added or subtracted based on individual needs - the script is very flexible. Going for a reasonable rental fee. Please contact me if you would like a sample. Thank you!

hadasa

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 9:52 am
What does it mean to rent a script? How is it delivered? Can it be translated? Is it appropriate for a non-Frum audience? How long approximately is the play? Can it be shortened?

shanie5

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 11:06 am
Can it be done with only 8 actresses?

4Sisters

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 10:50 pm
hadasa wrote:
What does it mean to rent a script? How is it delivered? Can it be translated? Is it appropriate for a non-Frum audience? How long approximately is the play? Can it be shortened?

Renting a script means that you are allowed to use the script for one production. You can make as many copies as you need for it, but you're trusted to not share it or claim it as your own. It can be delivered by email or regular mail. If you want to translate it, that's fine, as long as you credit the original author.

One of the themes of this script is becoming more religious and the challenges that accompany it. There is also a fair bit of Jewish terminology. I would say it's aimed more at a Frum audience. The play is one and a half to two hours and it could probably be shortened by around fifteen minutes. (It would also be shorter if you chose not to add in any choirs or dances.)

shanie5 wrote:
Can it be done with only 8 actresses?

As it is now, it would be challenging but possible. For a small amount extra, I could rewrite the roles to your specifications. Smile

If either of you would like to read a sample, please contact me!

de_goldy

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 11:02 pm
4sisters - you might not be aware but this sounds like the kind of thing that should be a paid advertisement.

4Sisters

Post Fri, Oct 28 2011, 5:30 pm
I'm so sorry! I wasn't aware - thanks for telling me. What should I do?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics