Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Pea Soup

proudmom

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 6:13 pm
Does anyone know how to make a pea soup?

miriam

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 12:19 pm
Split pea soup?

proudmom

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 12:30 pm
yes

miriam

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 12:45 pm
1 cup peas, washed
6-8 carrots sliced
1 onion
optional 1 sweet potato cubed
Saute onion. Add salt pepper garlic pepper. Add th rest and water (2 qts?)
Let it boil and then simmer for a 1-2 hours. Taste it to make sure spices are good.

Sunshine

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 2:47 pm
Spice and Spirit has a good one. If you like it thick add less water. I make it all the time. It is very easy and tastes good.

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 16 2004, 5:50 pm
Here's another recipe: Saute an onion. Simmer the peas along with a carrot or two, the onion and some celery. when the soup is as thick as you like it, remove the carrot and celery. You can mash or food mill the carrot and put it back in the soup. Don't forget salt and pepper to taste. If you are harried, have no patience or prefer not to fry, you can add the onion whole; just remember to remove it when the soup's done. You can food mill it back into the soup, if you like.

JMto2

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 12:25 pm
I need a recipe for split pea soup I have split peas sitting in my house for a while but never found a recipe for a split pea soup.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 12:27 pm
Look online, that's where I get most of my recipes from.
Check out www.cooks.com

amother

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 12:29 pm
cook up one pack of split pea in a 6qt pot with 3/4 pot water, add 2-3 carrots and 2 squashes, cook until the split pea is dissolved and the vegetables are soft, add spices, I add black pepper and salt.

blend when done,

I make this very often its yummy!

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 12:42 pm
I pour a kilo of split peas into a large pot, add water so it's covered by at leatst 6 inches and simmer, stirring occassionally until it's mush, basically, completely broken down.

I then pour portions of the very concentrated base into 3 ziploc bags which I freeze, leaving one portion in the pot. I add more water to thin in out, add diced carrots and disced onion, salt and pepper and simmer until the carrots are soft.

sarahd

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 5:08 am
Cook the peas in plenty of water, salt, a whole onion, two whole carrots and 2 stalks of celery. Simmer until peas sort of dissolve. Remove vegetables, mash or grind the carrot (celery and onions too, if desired) and return to soup. This freezes very well.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 8:40 am
I love adding meat to the soup too. It's much more filling & yum!

hindyandrafi

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 1:27 pm
I start by sauteing an onion to seal in the flavor.. Add some diced celery and carrots and 1 garlic clove... Stir a few mins then add the peas and lots of water... Bring to a boil... Add salt and pepper (chicken cube if you like) and then simmer for a couple of hours.. check often to make sure that there is enough water or peas will burn...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics