Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is there really a trick for folding fitted sheets???

Chalomatok

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 4:57 pm
I sort of tuck in the corners before folding, but somehow it still doesnt come out too straight... is it just impossible to get it right??

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 5:43 pm
I haven't found a way to get it perfect and there might not be one. But experience and playing around have gotten me to a point of reasonable satisfaction. I start with putting the corners inside each other and folding the sides to go even with the corners... bah, too hard to explain in writing.

Chalomatok

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 5:49 pm
trying to visualize that... guess will play around with it by the next load Wink
thanks

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 5:54 pm
Will try this one more time:
First I fold in half the short way (so you end up with a squarish).
Then I take the corners that are now on top of each other, and tuck the top one into the bottom one (one ends up inside out and the other right-side-in).
Now the corners are bunched up with their elastic while the sides are still billowing out. So I fold in the sides so they extend straight from the corners.
Now I have a pretty neat square-ish with two rounded corners. I fold it up normally and end up with a normal folded sheet with one rounded corner and a little lumpy.

Shore

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 6:02 pm
Great method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

happy mom1

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 8:43 pm
Shore wrote:
Great method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

Gotta thank you for that one! He really demonstrated clearly.

momx6

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:20 pm
thank you op for creating this thread. I always wanted to know how to fold a fitted sheet so neatly and I could just never do it! Didnt think of posting it here on imamother!

observer

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 9:21 pm
Wow. I've never seen such a great folded fitted sheet!

(I loved the comment on the video "But now how will I tell my fitted sheets and flat sheets apart?"!!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry