Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Sick - would you tell Shabbas guests?

IF you were sick and invited Shabbas guests would you tell them?
No. Hopefully I will be better by Shabbas.  
 24%  [ 12 ]
Yes. Call them and explain the situation and leave it in their hands.  
 75%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 49

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 8:14 am
We invited Shabbas guests early in the week and husband and I just came down with some type of flu/ stomach virus . WWYD?

supermama2

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 8:27 am
I would be upset if my host didn't tell me that they were ill. If it's a family you are having over, think about the trouble the guest goes through when that illness could go through all the kids..

morah

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 8:28 am
If it's a stomach bug, it will probably pass by tomorrow. However, if you feel you will not be able to make Shabbos, you call and apologize and say you came down with something, and of course you do not want to make them sick, so you will have to try again another Shabbos.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 9:29 am
Thanks.. I will call them and see what they decide.

imamiri

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 9:02 pm
morah wrote:
If it's a stomach bug, it will probably pass by tomorrow. However, if you feel you will not be able to make Shabbos, you call and apologize and say you came down with something, and of course you do not want to make them sick, so you will have to try again another Shabbos.

You shed the virus in your stool for up to 2 weeks after you are symptom free.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd.....s.htm

Norovirus is the number 1 cause of "stomach flu" and what many people assume is food poisoning. It's spread mostly by people not thoroughly washing their hands after using the toilet and then going around touching everything in this world. Then you touch those same things, put your hands in your mouth or nose of prepare food and BAM! You have Noro.

OP, I'd be spitting mad if I was exposed to Noro without my knowledge. It's crazy contagious and no one needs to spend a few days vomiting and have diarrhea so you should tell your guests.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics