Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3-year-old refuses to go to school!

dani'smommy

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 8:51 am
My 3 year old son used to love going to school. Recently, he's been refusing to get dressed and having temper tantrums every morning. I have seen him in school and he really enjoys himself but getting him there has turned into a nightmare! How do I get him to go without a fight? Has anyone else experienced this?

5*Mom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 10:27 am
Start with the assumption that he has a good reason and try to figure out what it might be: substitute teacher? bully in the class? any social issue, even minor, within the group? did he have an accident recently and is embarrassed? Could he have been punished/yelled at even once by an otherwise wonderful teacher? could someone else in the class have been punished/yelled at and he is nervous that it may happen to him? any changes recently to your routine? family life? new baby? morning is too rushed for him? any new reason why he would not want to leave you? Does he have a male or female teacher? if he rides a bus or van to school or rides in someone else's car (car pool) could something upsetting have happened there? ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers