Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I'm out of ideas and nothing works!! Why? Please help!
Previous  1  2

zigi

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 10:04 am
start with getting her to sleep anyway you can. its hard to sleep well if you are over tired. so if she sleeps in your arms sit there and let her have a decent nap. then later when she is more rested you can see when she likes to go to sleep and then work around that time.

also try to put her down in the swing stroller b/4 she really tired. its 2 hours after she woke up she isn't showing that she is tired up but is starting to get there she should be able to fall asleep if she is in the stroller or swing breast etc...

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 09 2011, 11:14 am
Also, something that might help is when she is tired and cranky at night give her a warm bath using lavendar baby bath and lotion(it's supposed to sooth a bit) and then feed her. She might give you a nice "nap" then.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 11:53 pm
op here:
we went to the doctor to troubleshoot. He put her on medicine for reflux but it didn't help one bit.
I documented everything for 2 days and realized her issue is that she doesn't sleep/nap and she is so overtired she's screaming and screaming.
How can I teach her to sleep if nothing seems to be working? The only thing that did work is putting her on her stomach but DH doesn't let and besides, even if she falls asleep, she can't stay asleep. It's a max of twenty minutes and then we have to start all over again. So an hour to put her to sleep, 20 minutes of sleep, 20 minutes to put her back to sleep and then soon its time to eat again Sad

tikva18

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 12:23 am
Congratulations on your new baby! What a lot to handle! May you feel good and have plenty of strength. Okay, I read your first post and your last post and nothing in between.

Have you tried wearing your baby? Sometimes they get a lot of comfort from being near/next to your heartbeat - and they find it incredibly soothing. Does it matter where she's sleeping or that she is sleeping? If you are meichel with the where... then let her sleep on you. You can walk around and do things while wearing a baby.

Are you nursing her until she's satiated? the baby drunk look - where you can lift her hand and when you drop it - it, well, drops. Don't limit nursing - the longer you go on one side the better it is. Just make sure to switch to the other side the next time you nurse. When you nurse for 20min + on one side that stimulates the hind milk to come down and it's a fatter milk - like the cream...

A hungry baby doesn't sleep well.

Another thing that will help soothe her down is massage - you can gently massage her starting from her face on down to her feet. I know that would put me to sleep Very Happy And, it has worked with my babies as well.

Mazal tov!

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 12:44 am
Right.

Mine was only allowed on the stomach. That was the fashion back then. Must not aspirate saliva. Today it's all on the back, I hear. If she likes the stomach, ask doc if it's ok.

When I had a stomach ache, my mother had me lie on my stomach. It worked like magic; amounted to a mild compression / massage.

Try a little low Mozart. Or niggunim. Low.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics