Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Publicizing the segula I tried

relaxed

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:48 pm
Just wanted to announce that I lit a candle for 40 days l'ilui nishmas Menachem Mendel ben R' Yosef m'Riminov for my brother to find his zivug in a timely manner.

I started lighting for him last year Chanukah and he is now B"H happily married to the sweetest girl. He was considered an older bachur.

Part of this segula is to publicize the segula if your prayer is answered within a reasonable time frame. My brother is B"H finally married to a wonderful sweetheart of a girl 10 1/2 months after I lit the fortieth candle.

IY"H soon by everyone who's still waiting for theirs.

Cheers

naomi2

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 3:58 pm
wow! mazel tov!! where these shobbos candles 40 weeks in a row? or stam a candle every day for 40 days. what time? what kind of candle? what do you say when lighting? where is the sourcce for this? sorry for all the questions but im interested in a shidduch segula for someone.

relaxed

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 6:29 pm
naomi2 wrote:
wow! mazel tov!! where these shobbos candles 40 weeks in a row? or stam a candle every day for 40 days. what time? what kind of candle? what do you say when lighting? where is the sourcce for this? sorry for all the questions but im interested in a shidduch segula for someone.

I lit yurtzeit candles every day for 40 days and made sure to light the candles before the Hebrew day was over. I said something like "I'm lighting this candle l'ilui nishmas R' Menachem Mendel ben R' Yosef m'Riminov l'zchus that ploni ben plonit be married soon to his zivug hahagon, and that Moshiach should already come bekarov, and be"H I will publicize this segula if this should come to be in a timely manner". Something like that. The reasons I added request for Moshiach are many. But one was because when giving a bracha to someone, you're supposed to make sure that's part of the bracha. So I figured it'd be the right thing to include when requesting help from Above.

I'm sorry, I don't know the source. I don't recall where I first heard it. But I'll add that a close friend of mine and I did this segula for each other when we were still single and in our early 30's already and I got married to my yummy DH less than a year later; she got married to her DH about 2 years later. I plan on using this segula for another friend of mine soon be"H.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 10:37 pm
Wonderful, wonderful.

naomi2

Post Thu, Dec 15 2011, 11:51 pm
what did you do on shobbos?

Motic11

Post Fri, Dec 16 2011, 11:43 am
naomi2 wrote:
what did you do on shobbos?

Same as how you do chanukah lighting. Before shabbos begins when lighting shabbos candles and motzei shabbos.

hello123

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 11:39 pm
does this only work for shidduchim?
can u do it as a segula for long life/healthy children/health general things?
anyone know the source??

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 11:53 pm
I love it. Mazel Tov to your brother! Very Happy

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 12:19 am
mazel tov !!!

5mom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 12:43 am
Mazel tov - great news! Of course, as with all segulos, there's no way to know what would have happened if you hadn't done this.

Soul on fire

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 2:22 pm
(this post is 2 years old FYI)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics