Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Popcorn

Bell

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:07 pm
Whats the story with Popcorn ? Is it ok to give a 1 1/2 year old popcorn? Can he choke (c"V) on a poped kernel or only on a unpopped kernel?

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:20 pm
Bell I wouldn't wether they say it's ok or not shock

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:34 pm
Bell if you are concerned give your 1 year old the soft, spungy part of the popcorn.

Rivka

Post Sat, Feb 19 2005, 5:45 pm
I don't give my two year old pop corn coz the kernels are very hard and hard to chew unless you have all the back teeth. So I give him the soft bit.

Yael

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 3:51 pm
levi absolutely loves popcorn, but I cant remeber at what age I started to give it to him. I just started to let dovi have some, but I watch him while he's eating it to be sure he's not choking. he doesnt have his back teeth yet, so it could be a not-wise thing I'm doing, but he likes it, and hasnt had any problem with it, so I let him.

lucy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 3:57 pm
I used to give my older daughter but stopped bc a friend told me that the soft part can if stuck expand from the humidity in your throat cvs!

gryp

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 4:02 pm
why our toddlers are eating popcorn is beyond me, but once when we had it I gave Mendel the soft part, and he did ok with it too.

hindyandrafi

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 11:08 am
Ive recently been giving it to Rafi (20 months) but he seems to get some of the stuff stuck in his mouth and then he starts to cry... I think it may be dangerous for them at this age.. although he always asks for it.........

Rivka

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 9:06 pm
I never knew that about the soft part expanding, I shall try it in my mouth next time I have some.
I am pretty careful with food because my son has choked on something that was too big but I thought he would be sensible and bite bits off, but he didn't and that gave me a shock because he started turning blue, but I just did what I remembered and it was ok, but it was pretty scary.

Didi

Post Sun, Feb 27 2005, 1:13 pm
I will not allow my almost 4 yr old popcorn. she is allowed CORN POP and she calls that popcorn. There was a child a few months ago I think a 4 or 5 year old that choked on popcorn in the movies and died. so my children can have popcorn when they get to be 6 or 7.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics