Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pesach vacation 2012

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 4:18 am
Anyone know a great Pesach vacation destination for 2012? We have two kids. I love culture and history; but the kids aren't as excited. My husband wants warm. For SB I will go along with it; but it not my first choice. We are from NY. We want to keep the vacation under $12,000.00 if possible. There are two children and four adults.

I do not see any trips to England offered.

Thank you very much.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 3:06 am
"I do not see any trips to England offered. "

Because most of us will opt for an exodus to Israel (if not France or Spain).
We don't go away for Pesach for various reasons (costs, DH's job, we like to have Pesach "our own way") but can look out for adverts. It may make sense to book flights to London or Paris separately then join the holiday package originating in Europe.

Having said that, England definitely can cater in terms of history and kasher lepesach food, but
I won't call the climate warm.

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 3:22 am
Thank you so much. My husband is against England for Pesach. I thought maybe I could persuade him if there was a great package with things that would interest the rest of the family. I want so much to go.

Do you think it would be better to go in the summer with my kids? My husband probably could not get away then.

That being said, we are looking into other European countries. My husband is concerned with antisemitism. Do you know if this is rampant in Greece or Italy? I heard France is very uncomfortable at this time for Jews.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Britmummy

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 8:21 am
I've lived in France for the past 20 years and would be far more worried about muslim extremism (and therefore antisemitism) in the UK! There have been a few, isolated incidents in France over the past 10 years, but no more than any other European country...

Pesach in Nice or Cannes would be wonderful, IMO Smile

Tamiri

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 9:46 am
Is that $12000 including flights? From where? There are Israeli tour operators who take over hotels all over Europe. Most of them are Glatt/Mehadrin/Non Gebruks. You want warm in March/April? Somewhere other than Israel (and even here it's iffy)? Portugal? Spain? Greece? Southern Italy? Turkey? Egypt?

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 8:40 pm
Squishy wrote:
Do you think it would be better to go in the summer with my kids? My husband probably could not get away then.

That being said, we are looking into other European countries. My husband is concerned with antisemitism. Do you know if this is rampant in Greece or Italy? I heard France is very uncomfortable at this time for Jews.

I'm not aware of antisemitism in Greece or Italy.

Personally neither DH or myself have not felt uncomfortable being in France or most western European countries I've been to.

Oh and about summer in England? Just be aware we got this Olympics game summer of 2012, the whole place would be mobbed. I'll probably shut myself in our house if we can't escape for the whole duration.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics