Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO amazing brownie recipe!

noosheen

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 3:04 pm
I don't want to sound redundant to the above posters search for brownies with topping, but I'm looking for a tried & true recipe for a really good, rich brownie recipe with an equally yummy frosting. My friend asked me to make her some brownies for an upcoming simcha so I don't want to scrimp on anything so no worries about it being too fattening. Also, no nuts.
TIA!

lollygirl

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 3:55 pm
These are sooo good and easy:

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.

To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons margarine, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

September June

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 4:03 pm
I love Octopus's brownie recipe, it's very easy and really fudgy and chocolatey. I never tried her frosting.

Octopus's Brownies

gold21

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 5:50 pm
actually, one of my fave brownie recipes is Duncan Hines Fudgy Brownies! yum.

cbsmommy

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 5:54 pm
Gluten free brownies (these are easily adaptable to be made wiht regular flour)

4 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 stick margarine (1/2 cup)
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour (if gluten free, use 1/3 c. sorghum flour, and enough tapioca and potato starch to equal another 1/3 cup. if not gluten free, use regular white wheat flour)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

Melt together the margarine and the chocolate. Let cool. When cool (I make this all in one pot) add sugar, flour, vanilla, baking soda, salt and eggs. Beat until mixture is super shiny and creamy and thick. Pour into 8x8 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes (depending on your oven).

Optional add-ins to the batter: 3/4 c. chopped nuts. 3/4 c. chocolate chips.

Optional toppings: bake brownies for 25 minutes (slightly gooey interior). Allow to cool completely. Spread with marshmallow fluff. Cover flour with chocolate chips. Return to oven until chocolate chips are melted.

tikva18

Post Sat, Jan 07 2012, 8:19 pm
For Shabbos I made the mint brownie recipe in Spice and Spirit cookbook - it was SOOOOO good. mmmm. And, I made it gf and I used no margarine.

shoemaker

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 6:01 am
heavenly brownies ( dairy) any one wants it ?

culinaryk

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 9:12 am
This is my favorite recipe for brownies. It does not have a glaze but it is soooo good. I actually substitute oil for the margarine.

2 stick/s Margarine
2 cup/s Sugar
4 Eggs Beaten
1 tablespoon/s Vanilla
1/2 cup/s Flour
1 cup/s Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon/s Salt
1 bar/s Rosemarie Chocolate

Preparation
Melt the margarine. Mix together all the ingredients except the chocolate. This can be done by hand or with a mixer. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Cut chocolate into chunks and sprinkle on top of the batter. Push it slightly down. Bake for 40 minutes.

http://culinarykosher.com/my-r.....XrrBs

noosheen

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 4:19 am
Op here. Lollygirl, those brownies were a hit! Everyone was raving about them & there were lots of yummy food to eat! I didn't make the frosting though, I opted for a ganache glaze instead.
Thank u!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 5:14 am
No time to dig up a link but see if you can find the Baked Brownies, from the Baked cookbook. They're wonderful! And frosting might be a sacrilege.

soulful music

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 5:34 am
shoemaker wrote:
heavenly brownies ( dairy) any one wants it ?

Yup! Bring it on

ellie23

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 5:47 am
this recipe is my dh's all time favorite and comes out unbelievable everytime! I dont have a frosting recipe (husband isnt a fan at all) and honestly, these are so delicious I think frosting may just over do it...the trick to this recipe is to add each ingredient one at a time and mix until juust blended....the hwole thing takes 10 minutes tops...enjoy!

1/2 cup butter , melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT ADDITIONS
1 -2 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter)
1 -2 cup raisins
1 -2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
1 -2 cup chopped nuts
1 -2 cup M&M'
1 -2 cup Reese's pieces
1 -2 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
Add sugar and mix well.
Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
Fold in "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT"!
Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
DO NOT OVER-BAKE -- your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
Cool completely before cutting into squares.
For vegetarian omit the marshmallows.
For double recipe, bake in 9x12 pan and add 5 minutes to baking time

lollygirl

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 6:51 am
noosheen wrote:
Op here. Lollygirl, those brownies were a hit! Everyone was raving about them & there were lots of yummy food to eat! I didn't make the frosting though, I opted for a ganache glaze instead.
Thank u!!

So glad you enjoyed, thanks for updating Smile

shoemaker

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 7:10 am
heavenly dairy brownies

7 oz butter
7 oz baking choc
1 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tabsp coffee
3/4 c flour
1 pk instant vanila pudding
1 bar white milk choc
1 bar dark milk choc

preheat oven to 350

in a saucepan, melt butter & baking choc. add sugar & coffee while hot.
remove from flame & allow to cool. add eggs flour & v pudding. mix.
break choc into small pcs & add to mixture. pour into 9x13 pan.
bake on 350 for 35 to 45 min.

be good

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 8:27 pm
lollygirl wrote:

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.

To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons margarine, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

just made these for the 3rd or fourth time- they ARE really easy and good! thanks!

etky

Post Sat, Dec 08 2012, 1:16 pm
be good wrote:
lollygirl wrote:

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt

just made these for the 3rd or fourth time- they ARE really easy and good! thanks!

Made these for Shabbat as a change from my usual recipe (which is also really good but which calls for marg.) The kids really liked them - they are very chocolatey and chewy (thanks to the cocoa) but they came out very flat. Is this how they are supposed to be? They actually rose really nicely during baking but once they cooled they collapsed. They were baked through so that was not the problem. I was actually surprised since the recipe calls for baking powder which my other brownie recipes don't call for. I baked them in a 8 x 11 pan which is only slightly larger that a 9 x 9 which I don't have. Maybe next time I'll use an 8 x 8 or I'll double the recipe and use a 9 x 13.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins