Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stovetop Cleaner- What product?

Sherri

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 6:12 pm
I see mentioned in the shortcut threads that someone mentioned using Scrubbing Bubbles on her stovetop to quickly clean it. If I am looking for something easy and effective, what do you recommend?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 6:16 pm
Vinegar is so effective! I just learned this from my cleaning lady. The oven shone when she finished!

Sherri

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 6:23 pm
How much elbow grease does it take? Smile

amother

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 6:27 pm
Didn't watch her do all of it. She probably sprayed it on and let it sit for a bit and then wiped it down.

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 6:29 pm
I spray mine with a generic cleaner and then sprinkle it with baking soda. It does a great job of breaking up grease.

Sherri

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 6:32 pm
chavamom wrote:
I spray mine with a generic cleaner and then sprinkle it with baking soda. It does a great job of breaking up grease.
Like Fantastic? Soft Scrub?

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 7:13 pm
Sherri wrote:
chavamom wrote:
Like Fantastic? Soft Scrub?

Take your pick of multi-surface cleaner - Mr. Clean, Lysol Kitchen, a natural cleaner.....

bz246

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 7:27 pm
I use soft scrub and steel wool.works well.

allrgymama

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 7:27 pm
Scotch Brite just came out with this: http://www.shop3m.com/3m-scotc......html (the black one).

I used it to clean my stovetop yesterday. Cut through the baked on stuff in about a minute. It is my new favorite thing.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 7:54 pm
this:

http://www.bissell.com/steam-s.....aner/

it uses water. it does a great job on windows, too. I've also used it to remove old stickers from furniture. it cleans my stovetop on record time. and if you don't have a self-cleaning oven, I suspect it's useful around pesach time...

de_goldy

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 8:32 pm
I use murphey's oil spray. But I clean the stove-top at least once a day, so nothing is too hard to get off.

shoemaker

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 8:51 pm
st morits oven cleaner does a great job.

onlyme

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 12:41 pm
I was the one who mentioned Scrubbing Bubbles in the other thread. I just spray it on, let it sit and wipe it off. Zero elbow grease (unless the stove looks very very very bad).

Sherri

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 4:54 pm
onlyme wrote:
I was the one who mentioned Scrubbing Bubbles in the other thread. I just spray it on, let it sit and wipe it off. Zero elbow grease (unless the stove looks very very very bad).
Which do you use? What does it say on the package? Thanks.

chabadnikit

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 5:27 pm
Can't beat St. Moritz. You can buy it in kosher food stores that carry Israeli Products. Just don't forget to wear gloves and open the windows Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry