Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Just out of curiousity: how many sheitels do you own?
Previous  1  2  3

melalyse

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:06 am
1 sheitel for weddings and 1 hat fall that I wear occasionally on shabbos and mostly tichels.
A question for the person who is not allowed to wear snoods. Is it just snoods or also tichels? What if a person doesn't wear a sheitel?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 4:33 pm
I worked for a place like that once, with a no snood rule. When it was enacted, the lady who wore a hat everyday was taken to a sheital macher by one of the (lady) administrators!

JRKmommy

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 4:57 pm
ceo wrote:
Marion wrote:
Quote:
In the end, I worked from home since I got married, and anyway I now work for a frum company that doens't allow snoods.

???"Doesn't allow snoods"??? I wouldn't work there...if my Rav allows it, why shouldn't my boss?

I think it's very reasonable for a company to ask that....for the most part, sheitels definetly look more professional than a snood. I worked in a frum organization that didn't allow snoods, I think that they felt it created more of a laid-back, "heimish" atmosphere, which the director felt was not conducive to actually getting work done! Very Happy I think it's the same idea as not allowing jeans or sneakers in the office. If you dress more professional, then you'll come to act that way.

If wearing the snood was a genuine religious obligation for someone (eg. if their rav didn't permit sheitels), it would be illegal to disallow snoods, "professional looking" or not. I see Muslim bank tellers in neat hijabs (headscarves) all the time.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 5:02 pm
Only 1 Sad And it needs work too. IYH, I made a hachlotah that if the finances come through (we're working on something) then the first thing I'll do is fix up my old one and get a second one.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 5:09 pm
Headband fall and full sheitel - I never wear the full sheitel, maybe I'll sell it. Both are Michal - I like the fall, it looks very natural, but the sheitel has been cut twice and I'm still not happy with it (it hangs in my face too much) and I'm not about to shell out more money for another cut.

Milano keeps having sales in my city, but I haven't had a chance to check them out. I want to know how they look, but I don't know anyone that owns one.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 5:45 pm
A close friend of mine got her Milano for $650 about 2 years ago (It's long, with long layers, and great highlights). It looks great. She didn't need to get anything even done to it (cut, etc). She raves about it.

happy2beme

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 12:24 pm
thank u for fixing the spelling! everytime I read it- im like, how many shtetls do I own? I'm not that wealthy Wink

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 12:29 pm
NJMommy wrote:
A close friend of mine got her Milano for $650 about 2 years ago (It's long, with long layers, and great highlights). It looks great. She didn't need to get anything even done to it (cut, etc). She raves about it.

Do they all come without needing to be cut? Or is it like my fall, which should be cut, but looks ok as is, so I'm not bothering!

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 9:13 am
Both of my Milanos needed to be cut, although I probably could have gotten away without cutting one of them. Rolling Eyes

chillax

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:37 pm
I have 2. One is a bit longer than the other. I originally thought the longer one would be just for Shabbos. Now it depends more on which one happens to look nicer and be cleaner at the time hehe. Usually the longer one is the Shabbos one though.

Sparkle

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 11:56 pm
2 - one full and one band fall. I am thinking of getting another one soon...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels