Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you fold or hang shirts?

Do you fold or hang shirts?
Fold  
 33%  [ 15 ]
Hang  
 66%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 45

amother

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 2:55 pm
When I lived with my parents, I liked to do the laundry and would always iron my Dad's and brother's shirts then put them on hangers.

When I got married I did the same but at first my DH asked me to fold them so he could put them away. It turns out his mother always folds shirts (like when they're new in a packet) and even runs the iron over them when they're folded then stores them in drawers.

They look lovely and neat and obviously take up less space if that is an issue (which it is not in DH's family's house) but I can't stand how they look when they're worn straight from the drawer full of creases and who wants to iron them for a second time?

Anyway, I just wondered how common it is to fold them. Not that this is an important issue of course Tongue Out

amother

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 2:57 pm
I originally put an option for "other" in the poll but I must have done something wrong because it isn't there now, sorry Tongue Out

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 1:18 am
I iron them and fold them. Don't have hanging room.
They don't have to be reironed when they're worn, they look great.

AlwaysThinking

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 2:18 am
I try and hang them, but will fold if I run out of room.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 2:34 am
I dont iron. If my husband wants his shabbat shirts ironed, he must do it.

I hang to dry his shabbat shirts and for work he wears polo shirts and those get folded.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 2:46 am
My vote is for "other." I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't manage to do everything and laundry is totally neglected in my house. embarrassed He sends his shirts to the cleaners, we can't really afford it but there is no way that I can manage to wash and iron his shirts, whether hanging or folded. So embarrassed of myself, never thought I'd be this type.......

amother

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 5:26 am
No need to be embarassed amother above, at least the shirts are getting done one way or another.

I'm still trying to persuade my DH to wear a clean one every day! It's pretty easy for me to keep up with his shirt washing and ironing at the rate he currently changes them Rolling Eyes

I fold T-shirts and would fold polo shirts too if DH wore them but he doesn't like them. He has a couple of shirts made out of really crispy cotton and those are the ones that look terrible after folding, especially if the folds have been ironed into them.

When I lived with my parents I used to iron my dad's shirts and he liked to put 5 on one hanger one over the other for the week!

mizle10

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 5:43 am
Why so many amothers about shirts????
They're folded in my house, but the cleaners do it Very Happy

elaela

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 6:02 am
we hang them after they got ironed (we share ironing), its quicker and easier
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry