Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Neocate help- baby won't drink it!

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 7:07 am
I'm trying to get my 5 month old to take Neocate now that I got a can from a gemach to try, and he refuses to take it! I tried mixing it 50/50 with my milk, but no luck.
Anyone has experience with this and ended up having success?
Thanks!

faigyl

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 7:12 am
When my baby's dietician told me to try out neocate with her she told me that its a bit bitter and she might not like it in the beginning. My baby didnt mind it but she did give me a container (I think it was just empty calories- my baby was very small) of a powder that was sweet and told me to put a scoop in for every 2 ounces.

I'm sorry I forgot what it was called but maybe if you describe what I said to the gemach or doctor they can tell you what it is.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 7:14 am
Elecare makes a vanilla flavored formula. It's really for over a yr old so you should ask your pedi what the proper formula:water ratio is. I know ppl who've done it for their babies.

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 8:35 am
The agent at Neocate suggested I mix it with half juice and half breastmilk and eventually phase out the juice. Such a good idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics