Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Birthday Cake

avigail

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 9:51 pm
Where can I order a birthday cake for delivery in yerushalayim? Every place I've seen caters to the americans and charges 50$ and much higher for a simple cake. Is there a local bakery, or something that delivers for a reasonable price?

wereafamily

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 12:03 am
avigail wrote:
Where can I order a birthday cake for delivery in yerushalayim? Every place I've seen caters to the americans and charges 50$ and much higher for a simple cake. Is there a local bakery, or something that delivers for a reasonable price?

Moishy's under/side of Rav Shefa... I once got a birthday cake there but I can't remember how much it cost...not the cheapest. Do you have the newcomer's guide?

mizle10

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 2:44 am
Moishy's is expensive, but so good!

Marion

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 3:56 am
Angel's or Berman does sheet cakes like you'd get at a bakery abroad. I think they were 120NIS for a quarter sheet (9x13) when I looked a couple of years ago. Fondant/sugar dough (batzek sucar) seems to be more common hear, or people get a plain cake and an edible icing decoration (20NIS @ the supermarket, if you do characters) and pop it on top. Customized sugar decorations (edible icing) are around 40NIS.

avigail

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 9:27 am
I dont think any of those places deliver. I tried a couple of the bakeries in the newcomers guide- brooklyn bakery, etc dont deliver. I tried a couple of the cookie/special cake people, they start at 50$, plus delivery, and I have no idea if they even taste good!

mizle10

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 9:49 am
Why can't you pick it up by cab?

lizard8

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 9:59 am
Do you live in Israel, or you are buying it for someone in Israel? If you live there and don't want to spend $, then pick up and drop off the cake yourself. The cheaper cake places are bakeries who don't deliver.
If you don't live in Israel, maybe you can get someone to do you a favor and deliver the cake for you.

There is also someone who does a concierge service in israel. I don't know if he will do such a simple job, but it doesn't hurt to try
maninjerusalem@gmail.com
www.yourmaninjerusalem.com

mizle10

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 10:00 am
Oh, I just noticed you're from brooklyn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions