Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Jude/Judah - too much of a bad connotation?
Previous  1  2

Ima_Shelli

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 11:13 am
ewa-jo wrote:
We intentionally/unintentionally named our three kids with names that start with the same letter.. mine are Shlomo, Shimshon and Shalva.. some of my friends make Duggar jokes.

Good thing they don't make Kardashian jokes (Kim, Kourtney, Khloe).

Back to the original question, I love Judah. Another option would be Judd.

OP, could you PM me your girl's name? I'm so curious!

Ima_Shelli

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 11:16 am
Oh, and the traitor's name was Judas, so as long as you avoid the terminal S, you're fine.

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 21 2012, 1:31 pm
Yehudah is nice, I'd go with that.

I have xtian friends who named their son Judah, so clearly for them it's a different name than Judas.

marshmellow

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 10:27 am
no not Jude, it sounds like it could be a girl, nickname for Judith.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 11:03 am
(OP here)

Ever since the actor Jude Law, I think Jude can definitely work both ways (male or female). I would also not have "Jude" on the birth certificate or anything - it would be more of the nickname for Yehudah, I would think...

Ah still feeling like I'm at a dead end with picking a name! What happens if we get to the 8th day and we still haven't landed on the right one!?Will the rabbi/mohel just pick whatever name comes to his mind??
Arriving at the bris without a name chosen is a deep fear of mine right now! (Hopefully in the next few months we'll decide - we do still have some time left!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names