Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Transferring large files
Previous  1  2  3

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 5:51 pm
amother wrote:
For the purpose of transferring files, wetransfer.com works fab. I was looking for a permanent solution for sharing and publicizing my portfolio with potential clients. A website was the wisest way to go about it.

I'm curious - does anyone recognize how this site was created? I'm not a web designer, and I created it on my own. I'm wondering if people will notice. Here's the link again: www.ellipses.co

In what ways do you find wetransfer.com to be better than yousendit.com?

eishes

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 12:37 am
I'm a designer and I use a free portfolio hosting website called www.carbonmade.com for my portfolio. When you create it, they give you your own "website" link that you can send to clients. It's really easy to use and looks sharp. When a client clicks on the link, they only see your info, no one else's, so it looks like it's your own website. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

kb

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 5:09 am
OP - your site looks great. I know it's fun to categorize your work, but is there a way you can have the viewer go from one category to the next without having to go to the menu again? I found that annoying. Either have it go to the next category automatically or at the end of the category, show all the options as the last project, if you know what I mean.

OOTBubby, I've found that yousendit has been cutting down the file size you can send for free. I think it's 50mb. Wetransfer allows up to 2gb, and you don't even need to login. (However, wetransfer does not have a program - you have to go to their site to send files.)

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Feb 24 2012, 11:49 am
Thanks for the info.

I've been using DropBox a lot and it works well for me. Sharing a folder is good so that I can keep sending clients proofs, etc.

You can by the way send just a link to one file with DropBox by putting it in your "Public" folder.

If anyone is interesting in using DropBox and wants an invite, let me know. By doing it that way, both you and I get extra free storage.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers