Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help! my house is always a mess
Previous  1  2

mimimom

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 12:55 pm
Thank you for the tip about FlyLady! Looks terrific!

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 1:22 pm
mommy24 wrote:
Quote:
la456 Posted: Mon, Oct 22 2007, 7:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's an interesting idea that I use in my classroom but can be adapted.
I have a mystery object in mind, I give everyone time to clean and whomever picked up the mystery object was rewarded. Its best used when u walk into a room and its so messy u feel like ur gonna flip out, so u call in the troops and do ur mystery thing.

THIS IS GREAT!!!!
I tried it with my kids (7,6,4,3 yrs), I told them I looked in the entrance hallway and the living room- where the toys and garbage were scaterred all over, and I chose one thing. they had 5 minutes to find it. I told them who ever found the mystery object and whoever picked up 30 objects within the 5 minutes, would get a special treat. tehy loved it they cleaned it all up within 3 minutes, it usually would have taken 10 minutes of screaming before they would pick up just a few legos. they were so excited they asked if they could play again tommorow, but with out the special treat! Very Happy we've been playing everyday and it continues to work,
THanks so much!!!

for years my sister has been doing this after the shabbos seuda! it works wonders. but she calls it the LUCKY THING instead of the mystery thing... Wink

gila-rina

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 1:46 pm
a few things that worked in our house at various times: 1)every kid picks up as many things as their age, 2) if the room is clean in 10 minutes all get a treat, 3) every kid gets a paper/card with a specific job - when job is done (s)he free to do what they want. Even kids who don't know how to read get their job written down, it makes them feel important and happy to do "jobs".
Good luck
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry