Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Sunday activity in Brooklyn/Manhattan

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:20 am
My husband and son are driving to BP in the late a.m. to get my son a new suit. Since my son is usually in school on Sunday, I would love to make this a family day. I am not familiar enough with Brooklyn to plan properly.

Can someone please suggest an activity or something to do for the family. We will arrive probably around noon.

Is the Jewish Childrens museam nearby? Is Prospect Park close? Is it a friendly safe place on a Sunday? I am open to all suggestions for a great activity. Are there short Kosher cruises? Manhattan is ok too. My kids and husband prefer non-museam activities.

I would also like the name of a good lunch place.

I would love to present my husband with an agenda; or he will just get the suit and come home.

Thank you.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:31 am
There's the Jewish Children's Museum in Crown Heights, and Prospect Park is close to Crown Heights.

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:37 am
ra_mom wrote:
There's the Jewish Children's Museum in Crown Heights, and Prospect Park is close to Crown Heights.

Is this close to BP? Is Prospect Park ok for a family? I am thinking about the zoo. I don't know the area at all. Is it nice? Do you recommend any resturants?

allgood

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:49 am
Yes, its relatively close by. Try googling the addresses and then putting into mapquest or some other program to get approximate travel time. I might want to put in your child's age so people can give you ideas.
Enjoy your day!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:52 am
Squishy wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Is this close to BP? Is Prospect Park ok for a family? I am thinking about the zoo. I don't know the area at all. Is it nice? Do you recommend any resturants?
It's about 15 minutes by car.

Prospect Park is great for a family. You can go to the zoo there too. The zoo/park is probably 5 minutes away from the Museum.

Jewish Children's Museum
411 Kingston Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225
(718) 467-0600

Prospect Park Zoo
450 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225
(718) 399-7339

I'm sorry, I don't know the restaurants that well in CH.

If you want to stay in BP, there's the Living Torah Museum. Find out what their hours are and if it's appropriate for little ones.

There is also the Jungle Gym which the kids love, but as parents you'll just be sitting and watching. If your kids are a bit older, Kids N Action might be better.

What sort of eatery do you want in BP? Pizza shop, cafe?

The Living Torah Museum
1603 41st Street
Brooklyn, New York 11218
(718) 851-3215

Jungle Gym
4709 13th AVenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(917) 842-8018

Kids N Action
1149 McDonald Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 377-1818

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:11 am
Thank you so very much. I really appreciate this. You are a ra_poster.

Are there any really great michig resturants? If it were a great resturant with decent prices, I would love it because husband would be pleased. A resturant which has kid food like fries would be ok too. I am kind of open as to the resturant type; but I would like them to have a treat.

Again, thank you so much for helping us have a special.day.

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:12 am
allgood wrote:
Yes, its relatively close by. Try googling the addresses and then putting into mapquest or some other program to get approximate travel time. I might want to put in your child's age so people can give you ideas.
Enjoy your day!

They are ten. Thank you. I am getting excited!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:27 am
Squishy wrote:
Thank you so very much. I really appreciate this. You are a ra_poster.

Are there any really great michig resturants? If it were a great resturant with decent prices, I would love it because husband would be pleased. A resturant which has kid food like fries would be ok too. I am kind of open as to the resturant type; but I would like them to have a treat.

Again, thank you so much for helping us have a special.day.
There's a really nice dairy restaurant called Orchidea. Not quite kid friendly but I'm sure they have fries and kids food.

Mendelsohn's is big and kid friendly. Serve yourself kind of place.

Spoons is a nice cafe too.

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:37 am
I really can't thank you enough. I am going to try Orchidea. The kids can behave especially if my husband is with us.

You really really helped. My husband us so not the type to go without a definate plan. He would have turned home after getting the suit.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:43 am
Enjoy your day trip!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries