Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Whiny About Pesach Cleaning

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 1:08 am
I'm not one of those people who believes that dust is chametz. I don't repaint the kitchen, check every book on my shelves, scrub the electrical outlets with a toothbrush, or search for chametz in my bras. I seal most of my kitchen cabinets, put my food and groceries on a set of portable shelves reserved for Pesach, and consider it done.

BUT, even with that, Pesach is a lot of work for those of us who, how shall I put it gently, actually do most of the cleaning.

Actually, let me amend that. I'm VERY lucky. We're having a cleaning crew in for a few hours on Friday, and they'll do a lot of the hard work, like baseboards, that my knees just can't take any more.

But I have friends who laugh at me. Oh, they say, of course you can come to the movies. I haven't even started yet, and my place is much bigger than yours. Last year, I went to a Broadway show right before the chag, and I got everything cleaned in time.

Yes. YOU HAVE FULL TIME HELP, and all your kids are in school full time. So your help is doing the cleaning and cooking. Me, I'm the hired help.

Just needed to rant.

bamamama

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 2:48 am
Hug

Zman chirusaynu indeed. More like zman-exhaust-yourself-and-don't-even-get-to-enjoy-the-seder-because-you're-too-busy-dealing-with-the-kids

At least that's how it goes first night at my house. 2nd night, we put them all to bed first Cool

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 3:57 am
Sounds like your friend is a little jealous.
Have an easy time cleaning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry