Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How to make eating hamburgers in buns easier?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 3:28 pm
Our family really likes hamburgers, but my just-two year old has a really hard time with them. He wants to eat them on the bun like the rest of us, but he just can't seem to hold on to both buns and the hamburger at the same time, and the burger ends up slipping out of the middle (or something similar).

I know this sounds like a sort of ridiculous question, but has anyone else had this issue and solved it? I've thought of giving him smaller pieces of bun and a smaller burger, but I don't think that would help the "slipping" issue. Oh, and we also all eat our with lettuce and tomato, which makes things even more slippery. And of course my two year old wants to be just like the rest of us...

So other than starting to eat bunless burgers (ugh) so that he'll follow suit, any other good ideas of how to keep the burger together for him?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 5:50 pm
I don't know if it will work and he might eat the paper/foil, but since our pitas always open, I fold a piece of foil on the bottom. You could also use parchment paper.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 6:13 pm
what sort of buns do you use? they have really thin ones, that you can pack down even more to adhere to the burger.

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 6:44 pm
Would he accept a pita in lieu of a bun?

de_goldy

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 6:47 pm
maybe make some much thinner burgers for him. Then you can pull out some of the bread from the bun and stick the burger in. Might be easier.

boysrus

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 7:25 pm
could you put a toothpick in the middle when he starts to hold it in place?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers