Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
After the baby bathtub - what next?

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:23 pm
We have been using an infant-to-toddler tub, the kind that looks like a little rowboat and had a hammock to attach for the newborn... It's starting to seem a little cramped. What's next? Do I get one of those seats that suctions to the bathtub to hold her in place or do I just let her graduate to the big tub? We have a nice big mat that covers the whole bottom of the tub so it's not so slippery. She's 16 months old.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:27 pm
If she can sit, she is long ready for the regular bathtub. Ds was being bathed in there from like four months or so.

ChaniH

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:45 pm
if ur nervous there's always the sink Smile

honeygold

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 1:54 pm
Yup, your baby is definitely ready for the big tub. My baby is almost 15 months and has been using the big tub for a good few months already. Once they can sit well on their own then they can use the big tub. Just make sure you have a good mat so the baby doesnt slip ch"v

luvinlife

Post Fri, Mar 23 2012, 2:55 pm
I would do the seat..they are so slippery and it's so hard to give a bath and hold them the whole time. You can put them in the seat and bathe them so much easier. Tried both and the chair worked for us!

Marion

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 1:58 pm
Having never, ever even used a baby tub...yeah, at 15 months she's definitely ready for the regular tub, without a bath ring.

Didi

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 3:27 pm
my 18m old is very happy in her baby tup, she actually puts it in the big tub when it is bath time. My kids went from baby tub to taking a shower at 2yrs old.

imaima

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 4:34 pm
It is much easier with a sit but you can do without.

chani8

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 5:31 pm
16 months? If she isn't too fat, put her in the bath seat. Safety first!! Until age 3 imo.

morah

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 8:19 pm
Mine isn't even 1, and he's been using the plain old bath tub for months already. If they can sit, and you have an anti-slip mat, you're good to go.

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 10:08 pm
I put my baby in the big tub about 3 months ago, we have a mat that makes it less slippery but I always have to hold him when I am washing him.

I just bought a suction chair and its great...he LOVES it! Makes bathing so much easier.

peasachmom

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 11:01 pm
if she sits (and I am asuming she does) then do with out the seat. just let her sit in the tub as is using the mat. dd was 9-10 months old when I did this (she was in the sink till then and started to climb on to the counter if she saw something interesting) it took her a few min. to heimish with it and she loved it. she still does(its the number 1 activity)

curiousgeorge1

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 10:26 pm
my 16 month old has been using a regular tub for months, and I'm pretty sure that if I used the seat he would climb out of it in a second! I do not feel it is unsafe at all. obviously, I am sitting next to the tub watching him the entire time and he is always within arms reach. I also don't fill the tub too high. he like to move around in the tub, play with toys, sit/stand, etc.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 11:23 pm
Thanks all, with your encouragement we went straight to the big tub with an extra-large nonslip mat. She is very happy there though she kind of panics when her toys float out of her reach! She's too chicken to run after them... so far Wink

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 11:39 pm
Dd is way younger and is starting to use the big bathtub with little water in it and lots of supervision. The bath seat is dangerous as it can tumble over and it has been recalled in the past.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics