Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do u wash your kitchen floors?
Previous  1  2  3

how often do you wash your kitchen floor?
every day  
 12%  [ 9 ]
every second day  
 16%  [ 12 ]
once a week  
 58%  [ 44 ]
once every two weeks  
 10%  [ 8 ]
erev pesach  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 75

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:27 am
Anon because my friends all know I force them to do this:

We remove our shoes at the door and it eliminates almost all the 'outside' stuff that gets tracked in. I mop once per week, but it doesn't really need it. How exactly are all of your floors getting so dirty that they need heavy duty scrubbing so often? I don't believe I've ever scrubbed my floor, except for the one time I super-cleaned, the day before we moved in.

yksraya

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:41 am
kitchen floor almost every night but I use the swifter sweeper (with wet cloth) every other day instead of the mop. the day I mop the kitchen floor I also mop the dining/living room that is, every second day. my bedrooms I do once a week.

yksraya

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 10:45 am
amother wrote:

We remove our shoes at the door and it eliminates almost all the 'outside' stuff that gets tracked in. I mop once per week, but it doesn't really need it. How exactly are all of your floors getting so dirty that they need heavy duty scrubbing so often? I don't believe I've ever scrubbed my floor, except for the one time I super-cleaned, the day before we moved in.

doesn't any juice ever spill on the floor? doesn't any greasy food spill? outside stuff aren't the only dirt. sometimes food stains are worse then outside stuff.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:19 am
yksraya wrote:
amother wrote:

doesn't any juice ever spill on the floor? doesn't any greasy food spill? outside stuff aren't the only dirt. sometimes food stains are worse then outside stuff.

Sure, we spill lol! Stuff that spills gets wiped up immediately and never accumulates. Like, if I'm baking and spill flour, I wipe it up with a damp rag or paper towel right away so it never gets tracked around or left on the floor. I guess that's just my personal style but "clean as you go" has always worked for me, what with 2 jobs and several children Smile

fruitsalad

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:21 am
I clean it every night! twice a week with my hands on knees the rest of the week with my maricle mop! LOL

Maya

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:28 am
amother wrote:

The answer to the bolded is that we don't remove our shoes at the door, and that I usually don't clean up water spots or drips from cooking. My floor gets washed whenever the cleaning girl comes, which currently is twice a week.

Full disclosure: We have white ceramic tiled floors leading from the entrance of the home through the first floor and into the kitchen. Not the smartest idea that the previous owners ever had.

busydev

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:32 am
ummm... not often enough. embarrassed

whenever it starts looking dirty. and since its brown tile... well, it can take time.

Blue jay

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 11:48 am
swifter mop as when My feet get stuck to the floor.

I dont understand the benefits of mopping when it seems that all you are doing is swishing dirty water around. The swifter wipes your floors just like you wipe your countertops. It seems to be a more effective and easier option. Currently I use the libbman mop with reusable pads and no need for batteries.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry