Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Shmuel ben Sarah or Shmuel ben Yechezkel

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 4:14 pm
Please daven for Shmuel ben Sarah or Shmuel ben Yechezkel

my husband is going to court tomorrow, Tuesday, May 8th, he is being charged with driving with a suspended license, and IF he is found guilty, then the maximum sentence could be time in Jail.

Please daven that it should work out for the best for him, and that he should not be sentenced to jail!

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 4:19 pm
Please daven that IYH everything goes well and my husband's name is cleared soon and with no repercussions BEZH

ewa-jo

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 4:21 pm
Was he actually driving with a suspended license?

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 4:35 pm
ewa-jo wrote:
Was he actually driving with a suspended license?

The driving record under his correct name showed that he was not suspended.

but, the DMV/cops had made a mistake years ago, and they created another record where they put in his last name as his first name, so they put in his last name as Shmuel.
when he checked to see what tickets he had outstanding, the DMV told him that all his tickets were paid. because he looked under his correct name. he did not know they had put in tickets under the wrong name. so when those tickets weren't paid, it turned into a suspension. This was years ago. and he didn't know it was still outstanding. he's been going to the DMV, settling all tickets, and driving. suddenly, this year, a cop pulled him over and looked him up under the wrong name again, and arrested him for driving with a suspended license. Now, someone explained to him what happened, so he paid all his tickets, there is no longer a suspension on any name, because he just had to pay the tickets to take off the suspension, and he spoke to the DMV and they said they will merge the records for the future, because they were not supposed to make two records for him.

He had a license in a certain state, and he was driving in another state where they put the last name first and the first name last. so the cop was accustomed to reading the last name first, so the cop entered the name wrong, and that's how it ended up with the wrong name.

there was a confusion because the different states format the names differently on the license.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 8:53 pm
Wow, that sucks. I once got a warning for driving with a suspended license and did not know it was suspended. Luckily, I was not cited because it was only because someone else hit me in an accident and I did not have a moving violation that it was a problem.

In the mean time, one year, our insurance company was giving us lectures over our honda and the accident we had in it and later, I could not get a transponder for the 407 because this same honda was in debt to the 407. We have no idea how this honda got associated with us, WE never owned a honda!

So, I hope it all works out well for you guys. I also hope your husband finds a way to get less tickets! I also hope they were not for moving violations. Big difference between a parking ticket and a moving violation.

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 9:08 pm
chanamiriam wrote:
I also hope your husband finds a way to get less tickets! I also hope they were not for moving violations. Big difference between a parking ticket and a moving violation.

They do not suspend a driver's license for a few unpaid parking tickets- I believe it has to be a minimum of 10 unpaid parking tickets or 3 moving violations in one year.

In any case, OP, my BIL had his license suspended and the genius drove anyway. He got community service--many many hours of it. It wasn't too bad.

I hope it works out for you.

jewels

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:
chanamiriam wrote:
I also hope your husband finds a way to get less tickets! I also hope they were not for moving violations. Big difference between a parking ticket and a moving violation.

They do not suspend a driver's license for a few unpaid parking tickets- I believe it has to be a minimum of 10 unpaid parking tickets or 3 moving violations in one year.

In any case, OP, my BIL had his license suspended and the genius drove anyway. He got community service--many many hours of it. It wasn't too bad.

Amother I don't mean to be rude but check your facts please. Maybe where you live they don't but where I live they certainly do. My dh got one parking ticket for an overdue meter, he forgot to pay it, a few months later we get a letter stating that his license ( which isn't even issued in the state live in) was suspended.

Op hope it all turned out ok!

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 10:46 pm
chanamiriam wrote:
Wow, that sucks. I once got a warning for driving with a suspended license and did not know it was suspended. Luckily, I was not cited because it was only because someone else hit me in an accident and I did not have a moving violation that it was a problem.

In the mean time, one year, our insurance company was giving us lectures over our honda and the accident we had in it and later, I could not get a transponder for the 407 because this same honda was in debt to the 407. We have no idea how this honda got associated with us, WE never owned a honda!

So, I hope it all works out well for you guys. I also hope your husband finds a way to get less tickets! I also hope they were not for moving violations. Big difference between a parking ticket and a moving violation.

Thanks for your understanding! I also hope that he gets less tickets. and the suspension was from a moving violation.
amother wrote:
chanamiriam wrote:

amother, there were no parking tickets, and there were less than 3 violations. perhaps the laws differ by state. BH there was no community service required.
jewels wrote:
amother wrote:
chanamiriam wrote:

Amother I don't mean to be rude but check your facts please. Maybe where you live they don't but where I live they certainly do. My dh got one parking ticket for an overdue meter, he forgot to pay it, a few months later we get a letter stating that his license ( which isn't even issued in the state live in) was suspended.

Op hope it all turned out ok!

Thank you, jewels.

actually, he was pulled over ONCE for making a wrong left turn, and at the same time they gave him a ticket for not having some papers on him, which was not required in his state, and this is what turned into the suspension. actually, it turned into multiple suspensions, two suspensions for not showing up in court and two suspensions for not paying the two tickets, and it was all from ONE time that he was pulled over years ago. this then caused that he was arrested and put in jail this year for driving with a suspended license, and then let out with this desk appearance ticket.

for those of you that were wondering what happened in the end, when my husband was charged with "driving with a suspended license", he went to court on Tuesday, and the charges were reduced to "driving without a license", so that it's NOT a "criminal record", so there is NO jail time and he just had to pay a fine and it's B'H settled.

Thank you to those that davened and to those that wished us well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed