Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby not gaining weight: HELP!!!

Superwife

Post Wed, May 16 2012, 10:18 pm
my baby is BH almost a year old, and has not gained weight in the past 4 months!!! (this may be due to a number of factors including: refusal to take bottle, refusal to eat solids, less fat in my milk) She did not qualify for feeding therapy. Any advice? I am at my wits end. This is actually affecting our financial situation and our shalom bayis ( I can only take a job that allows me to shlep my baby with me cuz she wont take a bottle and I have to nurse her, plus pay the babysitter a little fortune for shlepping along with me) HELLPP!!!!

anonymrs

Post Thu, May 17 2012, 2:24 am
My daughter gained 5 ounces between 8-12 months of age. It was the most stressful and frustrating thing for me. She refused a bottle, refused solids, and she has severe food allergies which limit what she's allowed to eat. She was constantly wanting to nurse because she was hungry and she would not sleep at night either. It was awful awful awful!!! What finally worked for me was that I sent her to a babysitter. I started out only sending her for 2 hours at a time, then 2 1/2 hours, 3 hours. Eventually the babysitter got her to eat.

I think the problem is the exclusively bfing. When she was with me, she only wanted to nurse, no bottle and no food, only mommy. Now she is 16 months old, she gained 1.5 pounds since her first birthday and she drinks formula in a bottle. (Oh, and she's still nursing, she's an addict. Smile )

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics