Home

Blintzes grew mold

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

malky800

Post Posted: Tue, May 29 2012, 11:23 pm       Post subject: Blintzes grew mold
I made blintzes on Friday before shavuos (just the egg part) and put them straight into the fridge in an aluminum pan stacked.
Comes monday, I took them out of the fridge to stuff and they looked like they had mold spores all over them. They were covered with blue and black tiny dots.

I'm trying to look for an explanation on what on earth happened? Never happened before to me... Did it react to something?

m in Israel

Post Posted: Wed, May 30 2012, 1:23 am       Post subject: re: Blintzes grew mold
I'm not a blitze expert (I make them only on Pesach!), but the person who originally taught me to make them said never to leave them in the fridge for more than one night, as they get moldy very easily, especially if they are slightly damp when you stack them. She says if you want to make it farther in advance, wrap them well and freeze them, so that is what I do. Maybe 3 days in the fridge was just too long?

Raisin

Post Posted: Wed, May 30 2012, 4:13 am       Post subject: re: Blintzes grew mold
I've always frozen them straight away.

Marion

Post Posted: Wed, May 30 2012, 4:54 am       Post subject: re: Blintzes grew mold
Yup, you need to use them or freeze them.
Dvir Aharon: 10 Tammuz 5772

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1