Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Yellow Tongue?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 6:02 am
My babys tongue turned yellowish- what could that be?

NYmommy

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 9:17 am
thrush?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 10:00 pm
Op: I don't thing it's thrush - it's yellow, not white
Btw sorry for posting under toddlers rather then infants - he is 12 weeks old and nursing

NYmommy

Post Thu, Jun 07 2012, 10:07 pm
Thrush can be yellow, its not always white.

Oral Thrush Symptoms

There are several symptoms associated with the development of the fungal infection. In addition to having a white, yellow or cream-colored curd-like appearance, oral thrush can cause a burning sensation in the mouth, soreness and/or sensitivity to acidic and spicy foods, an unpleasant taste in the mouth and bad breath (halitosis). Scraping the white lesions from the soft tissues (mucosa) of the mouth may cause bleeding and a painful sensation, revealing red and inflamed surfaces underneath.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 12:36 am
Never knew taht- thanks!
Do you think it can be it even though the baby is totally calm and does not show any sign of suffering ?

If it is thrush- what do I do ??

superima

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 3:28 am
call the MD; they usually prescribe Nystatin oral solution- an antifungal. Don't let the baby fall asleep with milk in mouth- rinse it with ur finger and some water cuz it helps the yeast thrive. FYI my MD told me the baby isn't usually bothered much by oral thrush. Watch out for a diaper yeast infection because thrush can be swallowed and passed thru the GI tract out the diaper. So u gotta keep it clean and dry- preferally air out his bottom. Also if ur nursing take precautions so u dont get thrush- been there done that it HURTS!!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 7:56 am
Ok now I'm really freaked out !
What do I do for myself to avoi having it ?
Also is it possible that it isn't thrush and that it's a result of baby being sick with fever for a few days ?

superima

Post Fri, Jun 08 2012, 5:56 pm
It's not definite but probably. Most often, thrush appears as tiny white dots inside his/her mouth but u shld check it out by ur doctor. For urself, after u nurse air urself out for a few minutes and make sure u are totally dry. There is a cream to use to prevent thrush on urself too- ask ur MD to prescribe it to u. Eat yogurt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics