Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When does your toddler wake up in the morning?

israeli83

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 7:50 am
My 15 month old wakes up each morning betweek 5:30am-6:00am!!!! He goes to sleep early (around 7:00-7:30pm). He does get enough hours of sleep, so I tried putting him to sleep a bit later and he still wakes up so early! It's good for my husband so he can see him before he leaves to work. However, soon my husband will be on vacation and I just wish we could wake up an hour later in the morning. I wonder if this will ever change?

When does your toddler wake up?

cbt

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 8:03 am
My toddler used to go to bed at 6 and wake up around 5:30, 6 which I didn't mind cuz I'm an early riser. Lately he goes to bed but doesn't fall asleep till around 8. He pretty much hangs out there singing, babbling talking to himself (it's kind of cute) and wakes up around 6:30, 7.
I find that typically when I try to put my kids in later so they'll sleep later it (think shabbos) it doesn't happen. They're body gets up when it's used to getting up. If the late bedtime becomes consistent then eventually they do wake up later because their body needs the sleep.
Maybe keep putting him to sleep later and eventually he'll readjust. You can also maybe try adjusting his naptime although personally I don't like to mess with that.

shnipsel

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 8:15 am
my toddlers get up between 8.30-9.30 & dont get out of bed till I go get them. thats the rule & it bh works.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 8:32 am
My DD gets up about 6 and comes to snooze with me in bed for another hour.

She used to sleep later, until 9, but it threw my entire schedule off so I started waking her up every day at 7:15 and now her body clock is set that way.

You can try room darkening window shades and see if that helps your toddler sleep later.

Hashemlovesme

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 9:18 am
around 6, no matter how late she went to bed (usually 7:30ish) & how tired (I.e. cranky) she is for the rest of the day.

it's super fun when the 1 yo stays up super late, the baby wakes up in the middle to eat, then she starts her day in full throttle @ 6 am (there was a time when it was 5:30)

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 9:24 am
My son was waking at 6, so I completely blacked out his windows. I often hear him talking to himself at 630, but he doesn't start yelling for me til around 7. He goes to bed at 745 and has a one hr nap most days.

superjew

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 9:38 am
Is this a new thing? Or always has been this way?
Maybe he just needs to be trained? Sometimes my DS would wake early, not sure why but I think he was either woken by something or sensed it was morning (we do have a noise maker & blacked out window shades) but it wasn't a constant thing. So the mornings that he would I'd just ignore him. He'd cry or be cranky for a bit, but he got over it quickly and then would start playing (he has some stuffed animals at the end of his crib so he has what to do) and I would get him at a normal time (after 7am) Now b'H he sleeps better and wakes up usually 12 hrs from when I put him down.

See if its noise/light bothering him. Perhaps he just needs to be ignored for 10 minutes? See what happens. Could be his naps are too long during the day? (if he still naps)
Maybe he's hungry? Does he eat well at dinner time?

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 9:45 am
My son is lately giving me a very hard time at night. But on a regular night he goes to sleep 8:30 wakes up at 6:30, give him a bottle, take him into my bed and sleeps till 8.

About putting him to sleep later:
If I put him to sleep at 10:30 he will still wake up at 6 but if I put him to sleep at 12 he will sleep a hour or two later.

Hashemlovesme

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 10:20 am
when dd was waking up at like 5:30 (only getting to bed after 7) ppl would ask me if her shades were closed. I responded "it's still dark outside at that time!" oooooh the tiredness.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 10:23 am
My toddler has the circadian rhythms of a teenager... he goes to sleep at midnight and sleeps till 11am or noon. Very Happy

chatouli

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 10:30 am
For those with early risers: have you tried the clocks that tell children to stay in bed until the clock says it's ok to get up? something like this: Bunny Clock Maybe it might help?

ntm1

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 10:44 am
My toddler twins go to sleep at around 7 and wake up around 6:30- 7. I give them bottles and they go back to sleep until around 8:30- 9. And they usually take a 2 hr. nap in the afternoon.

db815

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 10:48 am
bigsis144 wrote:
My toddler has the circadian rhythms of a teenager... he goes to sleep at midnight and sleeps till 11am or noon. Very Happy

Me too, not as late but 9, 9:30 for sure, and sometimes sleeps till 8:30. (shes 13 months). She wont go to sleep earlier, Ive tried zillion times, she just stands in her crib saying "ma, ma...."

Hashemlovesme

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 11:28 am
we tried wait in bed till x time, special toys in her room to just play quietly w/......nothing worked. Her day started & that was that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics