Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Housework schedule

rolls rose

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 12:00 pm
Does anyone have any ideas about a daily housework schedule?

Thank You.

acccdac

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 12:12 pm
when I stayed home one year and didnt work, I used flylady a lot to organize myself.

I hated the idea of doing one load of laundry a day verses 1 day to do laundry.
in the end I was happier doing 1 load a day, didnt take it out of the dryer and then fold, but folded the clothes straight out of the dryer. I didnt really feel like I was doing laundry ALL the time since it was over when it was over and I didnt find it sitting in a laundry basket on my bed when I wanted to just hit the pillow and go to bed.

syrima

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 12:40 pm
Flylady is great!
I liked having my daily chores that I did in the morning or evening, and then a weekly chore for each day.
Like, Sunday: Laundry and food shopping.
Monday: Pay bills, sort papers
Tuesday: Bake
Wednesday: Laundry and food shopping
Thursday: Major Shabbos cooking
Friday: last minute errands and side dishes
and of course, some ME time every day! Wink

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 12:44 pm
Are you a super organized person? If you struggle with this area, I recommend checking out aslobcomesclean.com. Its written by a woman who is not naturally successful at keeping house, and her journey and tips to do it. Here is what I try to do every day:

1) Daily dishes, including putting away (we have a dishwasher)
2) Sweep kitchen, swiffer under table
3) Make meals, pack lunches
4) Quick pickup on the first floor (usually 5-10 minutes to put away the random junk that accumulates so it doesn't become a big mess)
5) One big thing a day - bathrooms, vaccuuming etc. Sunday we do extra chores (mowing the lawn, errands etc)
6) Laundry gets done as we can

I am out of the house full time, so this is the way I keep up. My house is far from perfect, but I improve all the time.

ray family

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 1:19 pm
personally my week looks s/t like this- oh I work in the mornings so everything gets done in the eve
daily- beds, dishes (includes wiping down counters), sweep, wipe down bathroom
laundry gets done as needed usually sun, mon, sometimes wed and thurs.
ironing is mon and wed or thurs
clean fridge once a week- usually tues
light mopping of floors- what's known in israel as chetzi sponga- meaning I don't move furniture 2-3 times a week
I bake at least once a week- muffins, cookies- stuff to have around the house
thurs- bake challah and try to get a few other things- usually salads done for shabbos
my husband does heavy sponga on fridays
dusting- at least once a week if not more
bills as they come
what else....that's all I can think of offhand though I'm sure there's is more

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 2:02 pm
dishes & laundry are the only things I keep up w/. the toys & table & sponja is all done on Fri. bathroom & sinks are done when I can or when it's gross. e/t else is extra in my book at this time. (I'm a WAH mom, 2 kids are home all day, 1 is out till 1, they are 3 & under, plus it has always been hard for me to be & stay organized)

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
dishes & laundry are the only things I keep up w/. the toys & table & sponja is all done on Fri. bathroom & sinks are done when I can or when it's gross. e/t else is extra in my book at this time. (I'm a WAH mom, 2 kids are home all day, 1 is out till 1, they are 3 & under, plus it has always been hard for me to be & stay organized)

This sounds like me.

I make sure everything is clean for Shabbos. I make sure we have clean clothes and dishes, and that there's food to eat for meals. I make sure that my kitchen is relatively sanitary.

You don't like the dust on my shelves? Too bad Wink

whirlwind

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 9:22 am
I work f/t and am super-organized, sometimes to a fault! I have cleaning help for 4 hours on Friday so she does a thorough cleaning of the house, and usually one other 2-hr cleaning help during the week.

Here's my weekly sched that was developed over time (this is the summer version, in the winter things are slightly different bc I account for shorter Fridays and longer motzei shabbos):
Sunday - prep lunch and snacks, make Monday's supper, Tidy and clean up - focus on kitchen, bake
Monday - prep lunch and snacks, make Tuesday's supper, Tidy and clean up - focus on bathrooms, prep and put through laundry, make menu and shopping list (for Shabbos and next week)
Tuesday - prep lunch and snacks, make Wednesdays' supper, Tidy and clean up - focus on kids' rooms, fold laundry, pay bills and file, mending
Wednesday - prep lunch and snacks, tidy and clean up - fous on master br, hand wash delicates, iron, cook 5 weeks' worth of a Shabbos food (Either challah, chicken soup, gefilte fish, chulent, or potato kugel. I alternate between these and freeze the other 4 so I only have to make one of these every week.) (No supper tonight bc Thursday night we have bagels)
Thursday - cook for Shabbos, work thru erev shabbos checklist (these are odds and ends items that need to be done before shabbos, I print out and post on my fridge every week), tidy and clean up - focus on playroom, prep and put thru laundry (no lunch prep, kids eat at home on friday)
Friday - fold laundry, change wash and fold linen (every other week either mine or kids')
Motzei Shabbos - Tidy and clean up - focus on LR/DR, prep kids' clothes for next week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry