Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Looking for work

amother

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 2:33 pm
There have been quite a few threads on different work at home jobs, and this is not another one.
I'm very reserved, not so social and I really dont believe in myself. (I am in therapy and that may take some time.)We are really struggling financially and have no support. I want to do work. I would like to do anything online,really anything. Its hard for me to speak up, communicate,(online is ok) advertise...all that. I know I'm putting myself in a tough place, but its where I'm at, at least for now. I'm willing to push myself hard.
I was looking for suggestions, help, ideas...whatever you got. What could I do? Where can I find a job? What kind of jobs?

cm

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 2:43 pm
Medical transcription? Not really an online job, but can be done from home on the computer.

What about bookkeeping? Are you good with numbers? Back-office tasks might be good for shy people.

Do you have skills?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 2:48 pm
I recruit for 3 companies for working at home, but for all 3 you need to speak up and communicate--- you don't necessarily have to advertise, but you have to run promotions for people to enter to meet with you and you have to meet with clients for one of the companies (and meet with them by phone or computer for the other 2). You'd need to be willing to recruit as well. I think most things are similar---- you need to have a way to communicate with other people, set appointments, be organized, and be motivated to do more than say, data entry. You say you're willing to push yourself hard, but it doesn't sound like you're willing to use the phone or set appointments or work with other people.

If all you want is data entry, you're not going to make much money, but you can find lots of listings of companies who hire home workers for data entry--- but they pay like $8 to $20 an hour--- it might not be worth it.

So I guess data entry is an idea for you.

Another (much more lucrative) idea for you might be affiliate marketing. Talk to Tranquility and Peace about that--- she has an online course about it. From what I gather, you can quietly do website work and never have to TALK to another human being. If you set up a bunch of online portfolios that are each doing different affiliate stuff, you can work just on the computer (no phone, or very minimal).

Or if you're crafty you could sell on ebay or etsy and never have to talk on the phone--- you would need to send emails......

amother

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 1:43 pm
op here:

That's kind of what I want. I'll do a lot of work and hard work...but myself. I can work for someone,(that much I can handle Wink ) I just dont like the business with dealing with people all the time...its too much for me.

Any more advice?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 8:09 pm
hmmmm

so ok data entry, affiliate marketing, ebay/etsy....... none of that floats your boat?

you don't want a business where you're meeting with people... but you don't want those ideas that are much more individual....

you could take VA certification courses---- a lot of VA work is very individual and very quiet/reserved/on your own, but you still have to meet with clients by phone or computer to find out their requirements.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 10:50 pm
No, that is what I want.
Where do I start? How do I find something like that?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 10:54 pm
WHAT is what you want? I named a bunch of diff categories of careers..... which one will you pursue?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers