Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sunday outings in NYC with a toddler

runninglate

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 11:53 am
Any ideas for how to spend an enjoyable sunday in the summer with dh and a two year old? We are in brooklyn, and have a car available.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 11:58 am
I have the same problem minus the car and dh! LOL

Parks. Prospect park, botanical gardens, they can run around and you can stroll.

My sil told me the brooklyns Children museum is awesome especially because they have an entire area for toddlers. Check that out.

runninglate

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 12:29 pm
choc chips, you and I shld get together sometime! I feel like the only one stuck in this sweltering city. I took dd to the playground this morning, the heat was unbearable. So no more parks, I need indoor places. Will check out childrens museum iyh. Thanks for the tip!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 12:40 pm
Definitely the Children's Museum. (The one in Staten Island is fab when you want a change.)
Also Jungle Gym.
And there's Kids Gym in Emunas Yisroel's basement on Sundays in the summer. Toddlers and preschoolers love it.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 12:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Definately the Children's Museum. (The one in Staten Island is fab when you want a change.)
Also Jungle Gym.
And there's Kids Gym in Emunas Yisroel's basement on Sundays in the summer. Toddlers and preschoolers love it.

Hom much do these places charge.

Where are they located?

bnm

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 12:48 pm
runninglate wrote:
Any ideas for how to spend an enjoyable sunday in the summer with dh and a two year old? We are in brooklyn, and have a car available.

Brooklyn Bridge Park at Peir 6. I never took my kids there but I know they would love it- sandbox section and sprinkler section.

or just find a shady park where your kid can run in the sprinkler

Jungle Gym-depends on your 2 year old, my 3.5 year old loves it. they do have a toddler section so she might love that- and you can take her to the trampoline
Kids Gym-she enjoyed at 2.5 (its crowed and noisy, I didn't)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Definately the Children's Museum. (The one in Staten Island is fab when you want a change.)
Also Jungle Gym.

Hom much do these places charge.

Where are they located?
Brooklyn Children's Museum $7.50 per person (including adults)
Jungle Gym $10 per child
Kids Gym $6 per child for 1.5 hours, includes sandwich and small (watered down Smile ) slush. It's only for children 6 and below.

Plan your day well. The earlier you go to any of these places the better. They fill up really quickly and can become less fun when they are so crowded and pushy.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 2:39 pm
My problem is that ds can't really walk yet, only holding on so swings and slides is my best bet...sprinklers and jungle gyms, Im scared he will get lost and thrown over!

I hope to try brooklyns children museum one day soon.

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 3:11 pm
I think Brooklyn Children's Museum has some days when admission is voluntary, check it out.

spring13

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 3:47 pm
Go to the Queens County Farm Museum to feed the animals and go on a hayride.

chatouli

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 4:40 pm
We love Bryant Park in Manhattan on 42nd Street. They have a very small carousel, totally appropriate for younger toddlers, and it is inexpensive. ($2 per ride I think) then you can simply walk around midtown/Times Square area. There is so much to see and walking around is free! We also bring our lunch and go eat at the Marriott Marquee hotel in Times Square. They have a cafe area with tables. We just buy a drink and eat our lunch there. Then after we eat we go up and down in the glass elevators. He is fascinated by them.

Tapuzi

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 5:43 pm
Brooklyn Bridge Park has a great free water play area that a 2 year old can manage with close supervision. Just get there early on Sundays it is packed.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 9:48 pm
was @ chukee cheese in atlantic mall. many familiar faces. Free entrance. rides cost a quarter. careful on holiday weekends they get PACKED. also if dh doesn't mind u can do some shopping while he's there w the kids. win win situation for some.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 9:54 pm
I went to chuckie cheese as a kalla (my sils took me with their kids) and I said bli neder NEVER will I come here LOL

THE NOISE and flashing made me ill!

concernedmom

Post Sun, Jul 15 2012, 10:41 pm
Spring 13, where is this queens farm located n how much would that cost?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics