Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Convertible Carseat Recommendations
Previous  1  2

IloveHashem613

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 3:52 pm
seeker wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
suzyq wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
And how old is he? (I'm trying to figure out if he's on the chubby or skinny or tall or short side to see what you will need down the line...)

Also, you have LATCH in all seats in the back?

He's about 7 months. He's right at 50th percentile on the charts for height and weight though he looks like a chubb (he hasn't started crawling yet). My guess is he'll be pretty average. I've been told you can only use LATCH in the side seats, but our car is fairly new, so wherever it's standard we have it (the infant seat was installed in the middle of the backseat, not using LATCH).
Ok, the reason I asked was because if you will be installing without LATCH, you may want to get a seat that has built-in lockoffs. The True Fit has that, but it is big. The Britax Boulevard is big too but I think takes less front to back space compared to the True Fit with the headrest (you can remove the headrest until your child is too tall RF, but it won't last you long that way).

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Radians go to 45 lbs RF, not sure why Amazon says 40. I have to double check that.
Just reiterating that where space is an issue I am pretty sure you DO NOT want the True Fit. It is a huge space hog in every direction. For some reason that wasn't one of my priorities when I was first looking, but now with #2 on the way it's going to be an issue... DD is petite and light but still needed the headrest by 18 months old (you need to put it on when the kid is 22lb iirc)

By the way, the Radian (car seat that I recommended, same as the Diono or the R100, all the same thing) is very narrow and slender so a good choice is space is an issue, at least on the sides

suzyq

Post Wed, Jul 18 2012, 12:40 pm
Just wanted to let everyone know that I really appreciated all the responses! I did some research and ended up purchasing the Evenflo Triumph 65 because of its affordability and its longevity and because it sounds like it will work well for us (my DH needs something that is easy to adjust). I also wanted to let everyone know that I got a GREAT deal on it through www.babiesrus.com - they are currently offering 20% purchases of $125 or more, so it ended being less than on amazon. Thank you to everyone again!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics