Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroups in bp - what are my options?

runninglate

Post Wed, Feb 29 2012, 4:47 pm
im a first time mother looking to send my dd to playgroup this summer. I need something in the higher avenues of boro park. ( eighteenth to sixteenth would be best, but would consider others.) my priorities: loving teachers, small group ( or as small as possible ) I prefer legal. Hours until later than 3 also preferable. Please share your positive experiences. Thanks!

Pineapple

Post Wed, Feb 29 2012, 5:56 pm
Pm me

runninglate

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 4:23 pm
buump

runninglate

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 3:47 pm
so here are the options I'm considering. 1. Morah esther on fifty six and eighteen 2. 18 and 59 in the shul elanda 3. Shem tov on 59 btwn 15 and 16 4. ziboer on 16 and 52. If you used any of these, please let me know how it was. And if there are any others in this neighborhood that I'm not aware of, pls let me know. Thanks.

runninglate

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 7:05 pm
bump. I've been so busy that I haven't made any headway. Hope I'm not late to register for the summer...

Kaybee

Post Sun, Mar 25 2012, 8:37 pm
Do u know who the teachers are in option 2? I sent ds 2 yrs ago to a fabulous playgroup on 19 and 63, the teachers were morah malky and ruchy. I was thrilled, I've heard that they moved to 17 and 59.they were so warm and loving and into the kids...I wud really recommend.

runninglate

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 7:32 am
I'm trying to find out if its the same place. Elanda I btwn eighteen and nineteen, are you sure it moved to seventeen?

Rivky

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 10:01 am
very satisfied with ziboer one

chipsy

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 10:14 am
runninglate wrote:
so here are the options I'm considering. 1. Morah esther on fifty six and eighteen 2. 18 and 59 in the shul elanda 3. Shem tov on 59 btwn 15 and 16 4. ziboer on 16 and 52. If you used any of these, please let me know how it was. And if there are any others in this neighborhood that I'm not aware of, pls let me know. Thanks.

Used Morah Esther, was very happy for the summer. However, she has loooooads of toys in a very large room with the walls very decorated (very busy/distracating - IMO) my children were pretty young and it was a bit overwhelming for them. If you have a very timid child that might be overwhelming for them too.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 12:03 pm
Elanda is still on 59th. Very warm and not large amounts of kids in a class. The one on 63rd is a different one. Morah Esther is an english speaking playgroup and has later hours.

runninglate

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 12:45 pm
chipsy, do you know how many children and teachers there are at morah esther? My daugter is a very friendly type, not timid at all, but I'm still afraid she'll find it overwhelming. Do the kids get any personal attention there?

runninglate

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 6:15 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Elanda is still on 59th. Very warm and not large amounts of kids in a class. The one on 63rd is a different one. Morah Esther is an english speaking playgroup and has later hours.
how many kids in a class is considered not large?

runninglate

Post Tue, Mar 27 2012, 4:43 pm
any experiences with shem tov?

runninglate

Post Sun, Apr 15 2012, 6:37 pm
if anyone has phone numbers for the above mentioned playgroups, pls post. Still looking for info...

runninglate

Post Tue, Apr 17 2012, 8:47 am
anyone have the phone numbers?

runninglate

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 1:21 pm
I'm looking for more info on morah esther on fifty sixth st. Do the children get attention there? Are they well cared for or is it like a factory? Everyone who sends there seems to love it. I just can't imagine how its possible to give so many kids attention...

bpgirl

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 7:32 pm
Anyone have the phone number for elanda and for the one on 63rd?

runninglate

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 7:52 pm
it's not on sixty third anymore, its on fifty ninth. Pm me and I can give u both numbers.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 9:56 pm
I sent to Elanda and I was very happy. Reb. Paneth was really nice and tries to please you. I heard that Shem Tov is an amazing playgroup, but really expensive. If money isn't an issue, I would look into Shem Tov.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 9:35 pm
Would s/o have contact info to the Ziboer playgroup pleeeaase!! TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics