Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I'm not cut out for this!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 2:57 am
We're only 2 days into vacation but I'm going crazy! My 4yo dd is driving me nuts! wining, demanding, doing what she wants no matter what & how I say it. seriously not leaving me alone for a second!!!! & I have 2 kids under her. I end up snapping & yelling or clenching my teeth. I guess I can't spend 4 hours straight w/ my kids w/o losing it. Its really hard to get out w/o a car & this heat. any activity last max 5 min, new toys last that long as well........Sad

cinnamon

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 3:26 am
oh hugs! I feel for you it can be very very hard.
The most important thing imo is to make sure your kidsa are not tird or hungry or thirsty.
tird, hungry and/or thirsty kids are almost impossible to deal with.

whenever one of my kids (especially my 5 y.o) starts whining I offer a snak or a drink and if the hining persists off they go to bed where they either rest for 15 minutes or actually fall a sleep for a while depending on how tird they are. They always come out of bed calmer and more cooapertive (plus I get some time off which also makes me calmer)

15 minute rests don't hurt my kids bed time. If I think they will actually fall asleep then I decide either to let them sleep and have a later bed time or to shlep untill bedtime with cranky kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics