Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Is this color doody a problem?

markmywords

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 3:45 pm
My son just had a bowel movement (after complaining of a stomach ache) and the doody was BRIGHT green (almost a bluish green). I've never seen anything like this before. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

elf123

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 4:03 pm
I would say it totally depends on what he's eaten recently. My little guy has been eating blueberries and spinach lately, so needless to say, we've had some extremely....shall we say, colorful diapers? Think it over, I'm reasonably sure it's something he ate....
ETA: That being said, if it's NOT something he ate, I would make a call to the pediatrician...when my kids had shigella a few years back, the colors were off the charts...(not to scare you at all, just pointing out.)

abby1776

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 4:07 pm
My kids have had bright green bowel movements too - its when the intestines dont do what they are supposed to and there is bile in the bowel movement. I think once its ok but if it keeps up call the Dr.

markmywords

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 4:09 pm
He had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, yogurt for breakfast.
He had cereal with food coloring for snack, but not the first time he's eaten this, although it's the first time his bowel movement was such a crazy color. He had an accident in his underwear, so that's how it was so visible to me.
I thought he ate play dough, it was such a bright color!

bnm

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 8:10 pm
colored cereal can do it

rzab

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 8:20 pm
that happens to my son whenever he eats something with blue frosting or sprinkles. When it happens the first thing I do is ask him if they had a birthday party in school and what color doughnut he ate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers