Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Returning a cut wig

amother

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 4:28 pm
has anyone ever bought and cut a wig only to dislike it? did you try returning it? I'd like to exchange a wig I bought and got cut (the cut doesnt suit me at all!). is it too late? I think the girl messed up big time cutting it and I'm wondering what will happen if I show up with the wig and tell them I want a new one. anyone have this happen to them?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 8:28 pm
You can try to sell it back, but you'll take a loss. And I think it's only shayach to customs, also.

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
has anyone ever bought and cut a wig only to dislike it? did you try returning it? I'd like to exchange a wig I bought and got cut (the cut doesnt suit me at all!). is it too late? I think the girl messed up big time cutting it and I'm wondering what will happen if I show up with the wig and tell them I want a new one. anyone have this happen to them?

Many times. Your at the mercy of the sheitelmacher. If it was sold and cut by the same person, or at least at the same place, she'll be more interested in helping you. Otherwise try selling it in the J.P. I see ads like that often. Personally, I either got used to the unflattering cut, or tried s/o else to fix up the cut. It's helped sometimes. Hatzlacha.

mumoo

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 2:33 am
I stopped the sheitl seller while she was cutting because I didn't like what she was doing

later I took it to a professional salon and a very popular cutter

the cut was excellent, but nothing like what I asked for

no way I can return it

I spent over a 1000 on it and not only learned to like it but also learned a good lesson about expressing what cut I like

I figure in 2 years (that will make it 6) I can justify getting a new one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels