Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Your Chicken Soup Recipe
Previous  1  2  3

ray family

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 3:47 pm
I don't have a set recipe
I sorta just use whatever I have around
I use chicken bones/wings/bottoms alone or a combination of the above. s/t I throw in a turkey neck
when I have time I boil the chicken w/ onion scrape off any foam then add whatever veg- pref. carrots, zucchini, celery, parsnip, celery root, and if my husband it's eating it a potato
in the bag w the chicken I put dill and sometimes parsley.
let boil usually for at least 3 hrs
when I don't have time I throw e/t in at once and cook for however much time I have.
I use s &p. if I'm short on chicken s/t I'll add some soup mix

lakewood mom

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 3:51 pm
I boil the water, then add two pkgs of chicken bones, zucchini, an onion, celery, and lots of carrots- the loose ones- they are much sweeter than the bagged ones, salt, pepper, and 4 garlic cubes. I let it cook on a low flame for the whole Thursday, overnight, and some of Friday morning. Sometimes, out of the goodness of my heart, I'll add pippiks (gizzards) for my dh!

sarahd

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 4:06 pm
This is how I made it before I was married:

onion, garlic, celery, parsnip, parsley root, carrots - all left whole. Two chicken bottoms. Cook about 1-1.5 hour, add fresh dill and parsley, salt and pepper.

Then I moved here, where you can't get parsley root and parsnip is extremely expensive. Chicken too. So I started making it like this:

onion, garlic, celery, celery root, leek, carrots, small zucchini. One chicken thigh. Dill and parsley in the winter.

Then my husband told me he likes beef soup better. Also, bones come free with any meat order. So now I usually prepare my soup like this:

On Thursday, I cook the bones with onion, garlic, celery, celery root and leek for about three hours. On Friday I skim off the fat, of which there is an awful lot, and cook it again with carrots and zucchini, maybe a chicken drumstick if I have one extra.

The best tasting soup is the first version, if you ask me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics