Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When my child poops, she cries and there is blood, help!

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:00 am
Could this be a sign of IBS (I have a sibling who has this so it worries me)

Not just once but a few times, when my child has pooped, she has started crying and said that it hurts and then when I wipe, there is definite blood.

Should I take her to the doctor to have it checked out?

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:02 am
Yes

Mrs.K

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:03 am
Yes, your child should see a doctor. While it could be something internal, it can also be something simple like something causing your child to be a bit constipated and the strain of pushing is causing blood. Only a doctor will know.

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:06 am
Absolutely, as previous poster said, can very possibly be constipation, especially if it hurts only as she poop. However, a doctor should evaluate for any other causes.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:08 am
Thanks. Thats what I thought, but I just wanted to hear from other mommies.

de_goldy

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:18 am
She might just be having hard stools. Does she eat enough fresh fruit and veggies and other high fiber foods?

luvinlife

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:22 am
Go to the Doctor. they will probably give you a syrup the child can take to make the stools softer. also they will check the spot and if see it is hurt and will give you a cream. I've had this many times before.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:25 am
But nobody thinks that it could be a symptom of IBS?

lizard8

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:41 am
It usually doesn't start so young

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:47 am
ibs is a group of symptoms. it is not defined by a cause, just the symptoms. if this is her only symptom, she does not have ibs. it's possible that she has the genetic propensity towards ibs, so it's important that you keep her on a healthy diet, though that's important anyway. if the stool itself is bloody, I suspect it wouldn't hurt to poop. sounds like something is bleeding. it's definitely possible for it to be constipation, which is a very common childhood problem. call her dr asap to let him know this is happening. he'll ask some questions and let you know whether or not to bring her in. bloody stool looks scary, but it's not necessarily an emergency. it does warrant that phone call, though.

libramom

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:49 am
it is most prob. a fissure .
my 2.5 dc had that recently. put Vaseline locally and get prescription syrup stool softner.

spring13

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 9:44 am
I'm not a doctor, but I'd think IBS involves stomach pain and other issues aside from pain while pooping. Definitely work on increasing her fiber and water intake. If you're worried about IBS, then ask at your next appointment what symptoms or problems you should look out for.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 10:49 am
de_goldy wrote:
She might just be having hard stools. Does she eat enough fresh fruit and veggies and other high fiber foods?

This is the situation with my son. I added prune juice to his diet and the stools are softer.

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 3:22 pm
spring13 wrote:
I'm not a doctor, but I'd think IBS involves stomach pain and other issues aside from pain while pooping. Definitely work on increasing her fiber and water intake. If you're worried about IBS, then ask at your next appointment what symptoms or problems you should look out for.

ibs can be any assortment of symptoms from a long list. pain while pooping is not a must.

abby1776

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 3:29 pm
Could be any number of different issues - dont guess get her checked out by your dr asap

brklin

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 3:40 pm
it could be hemmaroids. my baby had that. its not a big deal just go to the doc and hell prescribe a ceam and stool softener
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics