Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Club steak
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 24 2011, 9:53 pm
Fabulous wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
ra_mom, I made this for Friday night and the flavor was delicious but for me I didn't feel it was so tender. Next time I'm going to cook it a little longer and see what happens. Everyone loved it though.
Thanks for letting me know. Let me know how it works out next time. The cooking time stated is for spare ribs, but I've used it for other cuts of meat as well.

Well, I made it again for supper tonight and it was the same. Delicious flavor and a little chewy at some parts, even though I baked it a bit longer. I think it's the cut of meat. Thanks for the recipe!
I was thinking that for club steak, you can place it on a bed of onions, rub with garlic, and then pour the glaze over the steak.
Cover tighly and bake for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 8:31 pm
ra_mom, that is exactly what I did. Baked it for 3 hours at 310. It was melt in your mouth delicious!! I served it with sweet potatoes that baked underneath and roasted veggies. Dh was raving, he couldn't get enough of it.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 09 2011, 11:38 am
Fabulous wrote:
ra_mom, that is exactly what I did. Baked it for 3 hours at 310. It was melt in your mouth delicious!! I served it with sweet potatoes that baked underneath and roasted veggies. Dh was raving, he couldn't get enough of it.
Sounds delicious!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 5:56 pm
Fabulous wrote:
ra_mom, I made this for Friday night and the flavor was delicious but for me I didn't feel it was so tender. Next time I'm going to cook it a little longer and see what happens. Everyone loved it though.
Just wanted to let you know that I figured out that this recipe is supposed to bake at 425.
I edited.
No wonder it wasn't soft enough for that amount of time at 350.

shoemaker

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 8:54 pm
soooo which one was the best??

Yippie

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 10:10 pm
pinktichel wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Tangy Steak
-steak
-large onion, sliced
-3 cloves garlic, sliced for rub
Glaze
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup orange juice
-2 tsp onion soup mix
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-½-1 tsp black pepper

In large aluminum pan, place sliced onion under steak. Rub steak with garlic. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
Smear steak with glaze; cover and bake 20 minutes. Then uncover the pan, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
[Edited to double glaze recipe]

is this recipe good for any steak? minute, rib eye, or beef chuck

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 10:11 pm
Yippie wrote:
pinktichel wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Tangy Steak
-steak
-large onion, sliced
-3 cloves garlic, sliced for rub
Glaze
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup orange juice
-2 tsp onion soup mix
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-½-1 tsp black pepper

In large aluminum pan, place sliced onion under steak. Rub steak with garlic. Cover and bake at 425 for 1 hour. Smear steak with glaze; cover and bake for 20 minutes. Then uncover the pan, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
[Edited to double glaze recipe]

is this recipe good for any steak? minute, rib eye, or beef chuck
Yes. But it needs more time than what is listed if you're using anything other than spare ribs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics