Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
HELP in getting my daughter to stay in bed...
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 7:08 pm
She is against ALL charts? I don't use charts often - only when we are working on a specific behavior. DS is over 4 and I've made a total of 3 charts for him. At first we did a star chart for going to bed nicely and it worked really well. Even once the chart was finished and he got his new toy, he still went to bed nicely for a year afterward.

Now, he has suddenly stopped staying in bed, so the rule is if he comes out of bed, he has to get buckled into the stroller. I did it for 3 nights and now, I just have to tell him: It's your choice, you can go back into your bed or go into the stroller, and he runs back into bed.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 14 2012, 12:01 am
I've found that charts don't work with kids who aren't mature enough to have good impulse control. No matter the age, if the control isn't there, it's not going to work. The instant reward of getting attention and running around like a maniac are much more enticing than some prize that is offered somewhere in the future. (Trust me, my dd is one of those kids.)

Sometimes you just have to find a different strategy. I'm still trying to figure out what the right method is for dd. If things keep up, we will definitely be headed for a sleep clinic - before we all lose our minds!

amother

Post Fri, Sep 14 2012, 9:59 am
thatgirl wrote:
Does she have books or online classes or is it real classes in ny?

Are you referring to Mrs. Jaroslowitz?

She first gave her classes on the Akeres Habayis hotline. Now that they took it off, she sells the complete set on a CD (I think it’s like 16 classes, ranging from 45 minutes to an hour each session)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics