Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What shampoo Do you use?
Previous  1  2

realeez

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:48 pm
I use Aussie or Head and Shoulders w/ the cooling feeling. The kids use Kandoo shampoo currently.

Tovah

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:12 pm
herbel essence from costco
johnson and johnson for the kids

Tila

Post Fri, Jul 21 2006, 12:25 pm
WHY are all of you ann.??? I use Dove, and Tressome

chen

Post Fri, Jul 21 2006, 1:25 pm
Tila wrote:
WHY are all of you ann.???

b/c it's VERY easy to ID a woman based on the brand of shampoo she uses. seeing as there are only maybe 12 or 13 million Jews in the word, half of those are women (it's more than half, but I'm not good with numbers) that makes 6 to 6-1/2 million Jewish women, let's say 5% of the world's Jews are observant, that makes 300,000 observant jewish women in the world, if only half of those are or ever were married that's 150,000 and if there are 1000 brands of shampoo in the world that means only 150 other observant married jewish women in the whole world could possibly be using the same shampoo!

You'll nevah guess who I am b/c I have no brand loyalties. Whatever is cheapest per ounce when I'm shopping is what I'm buying. Suave and VO5 tend to have the best sales, but local drugstore chain brand or 99-cent-shop NO name brand is just fine with me, thanks.

BTW, Consumer Reports did a blind study in which the subjects tested various unlabeled shampoos, one of which was actually dishwashing liquid. No one could tell which was what and some ppl even
preferred the dishwashing liquid. The basic ingredients are pretty much the same: sodium lauroyl or sodium laureth sulfate, aka "surfactants", which is what carries off the dirt. everything else: color, fragrance, vitamins, herbal extracts, etc. are mostly window dressing.

Mishie

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 3:32 am
Pantene Pro V - Shampoo and Conditioner (2 in 1)

yoyosma

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 4:55 am
The Target knock off of Pantene.
Sauve kids for DD.

suomynona

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 6:18 am
I've been using Pantene for a long while. So when I moved to Israel, I continued to buy it. After all, if it's American, it must be better, right? Recently my hair started feeling icky, so I decided it's time to change shampoos. I took the first one that looked normal in the store (Pinuk or something - don't know how it's pronounced) and it works just fine. The best part is that it's less than 1/2 the price of Pantene. Now I'm thinking of all the money I could've saved in the last couple of years Sad

chen

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 1:10 pm
Those who've been there, done that say you should buy Israeli shampoo in Israel b/c American shampoo is formulated for American water and conditions and doesn't work as well in Israel. I'm a mite skeptical as the US is a big place and has regions with all kinds of water, some very soft, some very hard--but that's what they say.

I personally love all Israeli toiletries just because they're from EY. The best gift a/o can bring me is Israeli soap, shampoo, lotion, spices, magazines, chewng gum...but no toffee, Bisli or Bamba, please!

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 1:17 pm
Some people say that you should switch shampoos every few months. If you use one shampoo for a long long time you might find your hair kinda lank and dull. and then WALLA you switch shampoos and your hair has new life. Maybe because hair gets used to a certain shampoo and it doesnt have such an effect on it anymore. BUt it could be an old wives tale.

Ruby

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 2:00 pm
I LOVE Tresemm'e it smells sooo good. By the way for all those of you who like johnson and johnson, target has a knockoff which is very comparable especially the lavendar head to toe body wash and it's only 99 cents!!

suomynona

Post Tue, Jul 25 2006, 4:03 pm
chen wrote:
Those who've been there, done that say you should buy Israeli shampoo in Israel b/c American shampoo is formulated for American water and conditions and doesn't work as well in Israel. I'm a mite skeptical as the US is a big place and has regions with all kinds of water, some very soft, some very hard--but that's what they say.

That is true. But the Pantene they sell in Israel is made for Israeli water.
When I first moved, I brought a big bottle of shampoo from America. As long as I was using it, my hair was shedding a lot. The shedding stopped when I switched to Israeli Pantene.

humorousmommy

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 3:02 am
I uesd pantene red expressions,bio from bath and body works plus many others. recently I used frederic fekkai I got a sample from victorias secret...it had olive oil in it I felt like a chanuka menora afterwards becuz it had olive oil instead. I wanted to wash my hair with dawn because it cuts grease but luckily its all out by now! olive oil is recommended for cooking or menorahs only Tongue Out

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Sep 25 2006, 5:18 pm
I switch off between 3-4 dandruff shampoos, because I have psoriasis. embarrassed So far it's been doing the trick!!!

shanie5

Post Mon, Sep 25 2006, 5:59 pm
for me-whatever is in the shower.
for my kids- a different one for each girl!! all same brand-garnier fructis- but curly hair for one, unmanageable/frizzy for another/ volumizing for a third and sleek and shine for the fourth girl. anti-dandruff for the boys Very Happy Very Happy

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 12:31 am
suomynona wrote:
I've been using Pantene for a long while. So when I moved to Israel, I continued to buy it. After all, if it's American, it must be better, right? Recently my hair started feeling icky, so I decided it's time to change shampoos. I took the first one that looked normal in the store (Pinuk or something - don't know how it's pronounced) and it works just fine. The best part is that it's less than 1/2 the price of Pantene. Now I'm thinking of all the money I could've saved in the last couple of years Sad
They sell Pinuk here too. I buy the ones on special sometimes Herbal Essence or Pantene is , or VO5, white rain which are about 1.29 a bottle.

zz

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 2:21 pm
Did you know that Pantene, Head&Shoulders and Herbal Essence are all the same brand (Procter and Gamble)? One is for the looks, one for the care and the third for the fun...
I personally use what's on offer, even though I prefer Pantene...

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 3:38 pm
These days I'm using a generic brand of fructis. It's probably almost the same as the real stuff...

amother

Post Sun, Dec 03 2006, 9:22 pm
What is the best shampoo for a teenagers oily hair?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars