Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
When does your child's school take class pictures?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 7:20 am
School is over in less than a month and they're taking it now. I think it's really late, but as long as it comes out decent who cares. The only thing I don't like about them taking it now is, they shouldn't take it during allergy season Confused Rolling Eyes Smile . I had to put drops in my ds eyes this morning and they're all red and today he's supposed to be taking pictures Mad .

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 10:01 am
End of the year. Like May, June.

busydev

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 10:17 am
end of october/early november.

retakes in december

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:15 pm
busydev wrote:

retakes in december

This makes sense. Last year they took it in October and school is over mid December.

busydev

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:35 pm
yo'ma wrote:
busydev wrote:

retakes in december

This makes sense. Last year they took it in October and school is over mid December.

by us school is over June

MrsDash

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:13 pm
We had picture day a month ago. School starts end of August till a couple weeks in June.

Fox

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:21 pm
I think a lot of schools in the US try to schedule it around October/November so that parents can give photos and photo gifts to grandparents for Chanukkah.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:32 pm
My kids previous school had an annoying habit of doing two photo sessions a year. One around early Dec just with siblings in uniform (I guess for chanukah grandparents gifts), then the standard June/end of the year shot with the whole class.

Talking of the class photos, are your schools mostly standard? My kids school started doing a kind of collage(?) photo where a cluster of 4-5 kids are in groups, often striking cute poses.

Rodent

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 8:26 pm
Our son's school did it the 2nd week of school - BAM! So early February.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 3:03 am
busydev wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
busydev wrote:

retakes in december

by us school is over June

I know.
Mrs Bissli wrote:
Talking of the class photos, are your schools mostly standard? My kids school started doing a kind of collage(?) photo where a cluster of 4-5 kids are in groups, often striking cute poses.

I wouldn't like that. I like the good old fashioned kind. In the school my kids went to last year, the pictures were part of the cardboard book. That I didn't like, but at least I had the option of buying a cd which I did. This year, it's a lousy package and no cd. Sad

cm

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 3:22 am
We have used several schools in the US (school over for the year in June), and pics are typically in Jan-Feb. No need to schedule them for gift-giving season; they're generally awful. I like to get the class group photo as a keepsake, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art