Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rash from specific diaper?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 7:24 pm
my DS only wears pampers cruisers diapers. when I went to my mother, he wore regular pampers, because that's what she has, and he got a pretty bad rash just then. I think its the 2nd time in his life he got a diaper rash, so I was wondering if anyone knows if it can be from the diaper itself; I want to know if next time I go to my mother I should either ask her to buy cruisers or bring my own
tia

yksraya

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
my DS only wears pampers cruisers diapers. when I went to my mother, he wore regular pampers, because that's what she has, and he got a pretty bad rash just then. I think its the 2nd time in his life he got a diaper rash, so I was wondering if anyone knows if it can be from the diaper itself; I want to know if next time I go to my mother I should either ask her to buy cruisers or bring my own
tia

some kids have sensitivities to some diapers. I too found that regular pampers was not good for some of my babies. luvs wasn't good for any of them. huggies is great or up & up (target brand) which is the best diapers I ever tried and is cheaper too.

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 7:56 pm
One of my kids developed a reaction to pampers when he was about 15 months old.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 8:34 pm
I find that kids who have sensativities do well with Pampers Cruisers/Swaddlers, which wicks the moisture away from the skin more than any other diaper.

Didi

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 11:20 pm
Yes two of my children also had major rashes from two different brands of diapers.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 7:00 am
My kids reacted to Huggies, but not Pampers...it is definitely possible for kids to react to a specific diaper.

Capitalchick

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 7:17 am
One of my daughters developped a severe, bleeding rash from two-days of wearing the Kirkland-brand (Costco) diapers. It took me two days to realize that it could be the actual diaper. Then I looked online and discovered that lots of kids have had such reactions to their diapers. My older daughter had worn them without any trouble, but I returned her half-used box as well, just to be safe.
So yes, it absolutely can be the diaper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics