Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Car Seat rules... How many are YOU breaking?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 5:45 pm
I just wanted to put my two cents in that height and weight are very important (as is maturity as HY has written).

My ds is THREE and yet he is the height AND weight of a five year old.

5 years old

40 inches

41.8 lbs

Are the measurements I found online for that age and ds is 40.5 lb and 40 inches, so sounds about right.

He is in a car seat in my car but when others take him around I.e. my parents (locally), he is in a regular booster (they cannot install a car seat in their car because they often have full car loads of people). While he is not particularly mature, he never tries to get out of the booster. He sits very nicely.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 9:00 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
We just ordered a Combi Coccoro for my compact car. The top weight it can handle is 40 pounds. After wonderful dear granddaughter reaches that weight, then what will she need?
It's a great niche seat. I love the fabric (I have the same on my infant seat) and ease of use, but as you noted it only works for a short amount of time.

How big is she now? She might be RF when she outgrows it (height wise before weight probably) but she might be FF already....better to ask closer to the time as we'll know her stats better as well as what is on the market. Feel free to PM me whenever, I enjoy making car seat shidduchim Tongue Out

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 9:02 pm
amother wrote:
I just wanted to put my two cents in that height and weight are very important (as is maturity as HY has written).

My ds is THREE and yet he is the height AND weight of a five year old.

5 years old

40 inches

41.8 lbs

Are the measurements I found online for that age and ds is 40.5 lb and 40 inches, so sounds about right.

He is in a car seat in my car but when others take him around I.e. my parents (locally), he is in a regular booster (they cannot install a car seat in their car because they often have full car loads of people). While he is not particularly mature, he never tries to get out of the booster. He sits very nicely.
I'm comfortable with a booster seat for short rides at younger ages (and it's a great way to train them! I purposely did it to get my kids used to it for carpool) since they're not likely to start slouching or anything in that time frame.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 9:57 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Rubber Ducky wrote:
We just ordered a Combi Coccoro for my compact car. The top weight it can handle is 40 pounds. After wonderful dear granddaughter reaches that weight, then what will she need?
It's a great niche seat. I love the fabric (I have the same on my infant seat) and ease of use, but as you noted it only works for a short amount of time.

How big is she now? She might be RF when she outgrows it (height wise before weight probably) but she might be FF already....better to ask closer to the time as we'll know her stats better as well as what is on the market. Feel free to PM me whenever, I enjoy making car seat shidduchim Tongue Out

Right, she's not big (18 lbs, 27 or 28" tall, almost 11 months old), so I think it will fit her at least until she turns 4. And in 3 years the choices may be different. But what I was wondering, would the next step be a high booster?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 10:06 am
If she's over 4, and it's a secondary seat for short local drives, and she can sit properly in a booster, it's possible. I'd be more comfortable with 5, but 4 may be ok too in that situation. There are also combination seats that can be used both ways, so you might end up using it as a harnessed seat for a year or two, and then use it with the shoulder/lap belt as a highback booster as she gets older.

SplitPea

Post Wed, Jan 16 2013, 2:57 pm
here is a sad reminder that just happened why kids should always be buckled in properly in an age appropriate seat.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local.....ebook

imamiri

Post Wed, Jan 16 2013, 2:59 pm
SplitPea wrote:
here is a sad reminder that just happened why kids should always be buckled in properly in an age appropriate seat.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local.....ebook

Heart breaking and totally preventable. Why are people in a hurry to get their kids forward facing/in booster seats/out of any type of car seat or booster????

amother

Post Wed, Jan 16 2013, 5:04 pm
SplitPea wrote:

And last but not least please don't use extra padding in car seats... bundle me's, snow suits, and big puffy coats all are not safe in car seats and post an ejaculation hazard.
http://carseatsmadeeasy.blogsp......html

Question

bamamama

Post Wed, Jan 16 2013, 6:09 pm
amother wrote:
SplitPea wrote:

And last but not least please don't use extra padding in car seats... bundle me's, snow suits, and big puffy coats all are not safe in car seats and post an ejaculation hazard.
http://carseatsmadeeasy.blogsp......html

Question
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics