Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Sem girls on Pesach

amother

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 4:38 am
A sem girl asked if she could come for the Seder. Don't sem girls have to keep both sedarim here in E"Y too?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 4:44 am
NOt always, it depends on their rabbi, if they are ashkenazi or sfardi, so many different variables on that one. Some rabbanim say do like the country you are in......

amother

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 4:51 am
Ashkenazic litvish girls? I never heard of anyone keeping one day if they don't live in E"Y long term.

LisaS

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 4:55 am
We had some girls from a MO sem on sukkot and they went home after the first day. We had another girl who stayed for the 3 day yom tov. I learned not to assume, make sure to ask.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 4:58 am
amother wrote:
Ashkenazic litvish girls? I never heard of anyone keeping one day if they don't live in E"Y long term.
But like I said, some rabbanim hold that you hold like where you are. My parents came one pesach and theyare ashkenazi and were told to hold one day. We went to america for pesach and are told to keep the two days as we are not in israel.
if you are concerned, you can always ask them if they also are going to be looking for a second seder.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 8:46 am
I don't understand the answers. Or maybe the question. Maybe the girl wants to spend a seder with Israelis, and she'll go to some relative who's in kollel, or her friend's parents who host the big second seder for all the Americans, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics