Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Skirt Steak Recipe Please!

anon

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:35 pm
I'm thinking of making skirt steak, but I don't know of a good marinade, or how to cook it properly. I think you're supposed to grill it, but I only have a little George Foreman. Is that good enough? Does it also taste good baked or broiled in the oven?

Please give me ideas and tips about marinade and cooking!

QueenBee

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:41 pm
I read in the Kosher by Design #1 that it is very salty meat. Never tried it though.

shoy18

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:41 pm
the best way is on a grill, if you broil it it has to be for along time so all the fat burns off. Its delcious though

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 9:50 pm
I would just put bbq sauce on it and broil it.

anon

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 10:51 pm
How long do you broil it for? Also, is there a special way to broil, or do I just put it in the oven and turn the oven onto broil? Does it tastes better broiled or grilled?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really don't want to mess this up!

cindy324

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 10:56 pm
I tried it once and it came out pretty dry, maybe I left it under the broiler too long? Anyway, the owner of the meat store told me to soak it in water for a few hours before cooking, because it is very salty.

redhot

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 11:26 pm
I make skirt steak pretty frequently.

One major important tip is to rinse the steaks under running cold water, squeezing out the water, with the excesssalt. Do this repeatedly.

Place the steaks in a grill pan. Pour on any bbq sauce. Put in a preheated oven that was set to broil. I will check the steaks after like 5-8 minutes. Then I will turn them over and put bbq sauce on the top of that side. Then I put it back in oven for anther 8 minutes (approximately). U will be able to tell by looking at it when it is done to your taste. I like well done, my dh likes medium. So I will take his out and put mine in for a few more minutes. Goodluck with it.

anon

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 12:13 am
Thanx so much for the help! I will try it, as long as my grocery sells skirt steak tomorrow Smile

aussiegal

Post Fri, Nov 03 2006, 5:01 am
its very salty. u should soak it in water for a couple of hours first.
then I use a marinade from kosher by design. its yum!
its the grilled london broil marinade on page 86.
1/2 c. olive oil ( I use regular oil)
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. honey
1 tablesppon coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
6 garlic cloves, minced

Whisk together ingredients.(I do it in food processor). Place the steaks and marinade into ziplock bag and marinage in fridge for minimum an hour. its YUM!!!

mumoo

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:46 pm
My mil makes skirt steak on the bbq. She mixes bbq sauce with pancake syrup (2:1) and marinates/bastes it. Weird, but really yummy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics