Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
A touch of ADD/ADHD?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:34 pm
So here's the story: DS is 6 and just started going to school this year. Ever since he started when he comes home he really does not behave like he used to. He does such babyish trouble, ex: he pulled as free standing cabinet so hard it fell down (it was locked.), yesterday he threw his corn during supper across the room.
He does not think cause and effect before he does things. Like 'whats gonna happen if I do this.?' As many times as I tell him this I am started to think that maybe he does not have control over what he is doing!

I feel like either he is just babyish or maybe there is something wrong ch"v.

His Rebbe says he is pretty good during school , his concentration levels vary day to day. Some days he is very there and some days he is spaced out/ jumping out of seat.

Am I expecting too much from him?

Anyone has any advice?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:39 pm
Maybe its because he started school this year? Thats a big adjustment going from being home to sitting all day by a desk and listening. Make sure he sleeps enough, gets some att when he comes home, eating a good diet, getting enough fluid in him..... If you see that he is getting worse at home and school and you seem concerned look into some vitamins. If he is still not improving... You'll worry then. My eight year old does silly things a lot too although we discussed it before but its a maturity thing.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:47 pm
Op here- Thank you for responding. I do have to mention that it is his first year at school but he has been at a playgroup before, I guess it is possible that the desk situation is doing it to him....

I do hope it is a maturity thing and he will learn the meaning of cause and effect very soon!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:52 pm
Its a big adjustment going from a lot of free play to sitting and learning with a lot more structure. I am sure his day is a little longer too. See if it gets better soon. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers