Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Leather couches
Previous  1  2

red sea

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 8:35 am
All I can say is black leather is great!

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 8:46 am
red sea wrote:
All I can say is black leather is great!

Agree!
My in-laws have black leather, one time one of my kids threw up on their couch on shabbos and I just picked up all the vomit with baby wipes.

(We are unfortunately not so clever as to buy leather, we have light coloured fabric which we purchased when we got married and now I am desperate to replace it. Oh well.......

shayna82

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 9:07 am
amother wrote:
" lubcoralsprings
You can buy a seven year gurantee for no scratches for around three hundred dollers and let me tell you its worth it."

op here. Do they all sell it and do they replace it if scratched up.

"shayna82
we did a lot of research on real leather couches. you need to get top of the grain leather. thats the real long lasting stuff thats not treated with anything. thats the best part of the cow."

How do you know if its TOP of the grain ? Do you beleave the salesman?
Also one told me about treating the leather and the other told why he thinks it a gimeck and not to.
Thanks for all your responses.

all I can say is that if you had a couch that costs lets say $500 from levin furniture, and a couch that is 4k, right next to each other, you will see the differences by your eyes and touch. when you pinch the top cushion of the couch that is 4k, you feel a thick, buttery leather feel. Cindy, maybe you can explain it better.

baseballmom

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 9:37 am
(We are unfortunately not so clever as to buy leather, we have light coloured fabric which we purchased when we got married and now I am desperate to replace it. Oh well.......[/quote]

Us too...oh well, now I've learned my lesson

cindy324

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 2:21 pm
sorry shayna, I meant to ask, if a Top quality leather couch is built to take abuse from kids jumping on them?

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 2:26 pm
Make sure the leather goes all the way around the couch. If the couch doesn't have a leather back, then you know they are trying to sell you cr*p.

The only thing that can really ruin a leather couch is the buckles on little girls shoes, because they can scratch it. So try to make a rule - NO SHOES ON THE COUCH!

shayna82

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 2:34 pm
only1 is right. lots of tiems they say - "leather" couches, but really the only part that is leather is the part that you sit on and a small amount on the back. but the bottom part where your feet rest against is plastic, along with the whole back part of the couch that is not seen. in todays society, its what you see is what matters, not what its really made out of. lots dont care, id rather put my money into somethign quality.

newmom

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 8:35 pm
Love my leather couches. I clean them with wipes that are sold specifically for cleaning leather furniture. You can buy them in the supermarket. I forgot brand and am too lazy to get off my couch now and look. It's a brown and white container.
I also have the no shoes on the couch rule, as the buckles can easily rip the couch.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars